Please help me understand how this will work

robin71

I have a folder called "Away" with the following conditions:

If

Status 'Appliance Modules / Away ApplianceModule' is On

Then

Allow the programs in this folder to run.

I control the ApplianceModule with my iPhone and the programs in this folder are to simulate occupancy and providing lights for our dogs. :)

After looking at some examples of others, I got into the habit of writing two programs when using wait actions; one a trigger and the other an action.

I.e. Trigger:

If

Time is Sunset - 1 hour

Then

Run Program 'Foyer_Timer' (Then Path)

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

And

Foyer_Timer:

If

- No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then

Wait 45 minutes (Random)

Repeat 2 times

Set Scene 'Foyer - dimmer' On

Wait 1 hour and 30 minutes (Random)

Set Scene 'Foyer - dimmer' Off

Wait 30 minutes (Random)

Else

Set Scene 'Foyer - dimmer' Off

Now, if I come home and the timer program is running the first instance of my foyer lights being On, will the timer program terminate as soon as 'Away ApplianceModule' is turned Off?

When the timer program is reevaluated, are the conditions of the parent folder evaluated as well?

"will the timer program terminate as soon as 'Away ApplianceModule' is turned Off? "

It will terminate when it hits a Wait or Repeat.

"When the timer program is reevaluated, are the conditions of the parent folder evaluated as well?"

Yes.

Lee,

Thanks for the quick response. I've come across a lot of your posts while surfing these forums and appreciate your contributions.

I have some motion sensors coming from SmartHome and without seeing your post to upgrade to beta firmware 3.2.2 in another topic, I'd be scratching my head trying to link them.

-Rob

Archived