Garage Door

osurh18

I have an I/O Linc hooked up to my garage door opener with a magnetic switch. I had it working properly with my 2412N but now I am trying to get it linked properly with my ISY-99. I can get it linked to the interface and I can see the sensor and the iolinc. Not sure if the garage door should be opened or closed when I link it and if it should be Momentary A,B,C etc? Can anyone help set this up.

I am also trying to setup a program to close the garage door at midnight. Thanks.

It does not matter whether the Sensor is On or Off when the I/O Linc is added to the ISY. Same if the I/O Linc Relay is added to a Scene, it does not matter.

Which momentary mode to use cannot be answered without more information. It depends on what you plan to implement in terms of how the door will be controlled from the house, remotely, etc. You can pick momentary A which allows the most combinations to work. The options are easily changed with the ISY so choices that had to be made up front with the SmartLinc can be made and changed any time with the ISY.

To elaborate a bit more, please describe which device you wish to use to control the door and which device, if any, you wish to use to display the status, and how you want that status displayed (on = open or closed?).

There is a nice explanation in the universal devices wiki. Search on "garage". This is the approach I used.

The state of the door may play a role when the *All Off* button is pressed via the ISY console. I have not reprogrammed my unit to confirm that it is not affected by this.

The manual states the door should be in the open state. While forum members state that it should be in the closed state.

So, please do keep this in mind when you program the I/O link. As you may find that the door is forced open when someone accidentally engages the *All Off* mode while you're off site and your alarm system trips with out a clear reason as to why.

Teken . . .

The garage will be controlled only through the programs in the ISY and MobilLinc Apps on my phone and ipad. I'm not using any keypads within the house to show the status.

The main purpose is to be able to check the garage remotely when we are away (close it if we need to) and to have the garage close at night in case we forgot to close (happens way too often!)

I haven't thought too much about the "All Off" feature. Right now I don't think I'll be using it but I can't say for sure.

This example will close the garage door at midnight. It assumes the I/O Linc Sensor is On when the door is open. It assumes the I/O Linc Relay is in one of the Momentary modes and the Timeout interval on the I/O Linc Relay is set for 2-3 seconds to simulate a manual button press.

If
       Time is 11:59:59PM
   And Status  'IOLinc-Sensor' is On

Then
       Set 'IOLinc-Relay' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Which momentary mode to use cannot be answered without more information. It depends on what you plan to implement in terms of how the door will be controlled from the house, remotely, etc. You can pick momentary A which allows the most combinations to work. The options are easily changed with the ISY so choices that had to be made up front with the SmartLinc can be made and changed any time with the ISY.

My biggest concern with different Momentary modes is that I do not want an or "Off" command to open the garage regardless of what state the sensor is in. I am not as concerned if an 'On' command closes the door when it is open.

The door being closed and staying closed is the main concern for safety.

I had been using the IOlinc in momentary C mode. Does this make the most sense?

With the SmartLinc everything had to be done with a Scene. Which Momentary mode used makes a difference when using Scenes. Since you are only controlling the I/O Linc Relay directly with the ISY or a phone app Scenes are not necessary. Only a Direct On to the I/O Linc Relay turns the relay On. A direct Off or All Off command does not turn the relay on without a Scene that has the I/O Linc Relay as a Responder..

I went through and charted how the garage is working in the 3 different momentary modes:

Momentary Physical Current State Sensor Sent On Sent Off

B Open Off On Closed Nothing

Close Off Off Opened Nothing

Open On On Closed Nothing

Close On Off Opened Nothing

C Open Off On Closed Nothing

A Open Off On Closed Nothing

Doesn't act any differently in the 3 modes. Issue is that the garage doesn't ever close with a 'off' command and the 'on' command both opens and closes the garage. Does this seem right? Am I missing something? Seems like this could cause problems

The door moves any time the Relay is turned On. It is the equivalent to pushing the manual button in the garage. When the door is closed, push the button and the door opens. When the door is open, push the button and the door closes. The Relay turning On simulates a manual button press.

In any Momentary mode the Relay automatically turns Off after the timeout interval so the Direct Relay Off command serves no function. I think you are used to seeing what happens when using a Scene as that was the only choice in the SmartLinc. The various Momentary mode characteristics apply only when the I/O Linc Relay is a Responder to a Scene. If you want the same characteristics you had when using the SmartLinc assign the I/O Linc Relay as a Responder to a Scene and issue Scene commands. Scene On and Off commands are affected by which Momentary mode is chosen and possibly the status of the I/O Linc Sensor (door open/closed state).

Archived