Ghost Responder

Perhaps not exactly a "communication" issue, but here goes:

I had a scene with two responders controlling loads, a KPL and a 2477D. There are also about 6 buttons on other KPLs that control the scene, and one RL2. I removed the 2477D from the scene. The KPL buttons now properly only turn on and off the single KPL load, but the RL2 continues to control both devices. I have done (more than once!) factory resets and restores on both the 2477D and the RL2. I also reset the KPL that controls the other load for good measure. What am I missing?

It sounds like the RemoteLinc2 was not in linking mode when the SwitchLinc was removed from the Scene. Normally that would just queue the updates for the RemoteLinc2 and place a green Icon to the left of the node. If there is nothing pending for the RemoteLinc2 (and nothing was established with the Set button) it may be necessary to add the SwitchLinc back to the Scene. Then do another Remove. When complete put the RemoteLinc2 into linking mode and select Write Updates to Device.

I more specific analysis can be done by doing a Show Device Links Table for RemoteLinc2 and the SwitchLinc and see which still has the link pointing to the other device. The solution is still the same.

If the ISY did not complete the Remove because the RemoteLinc2 was asleep (as expected) it would still have information on those link records (so the Remove can be completed at some point) and might write them as part of a Restore Device. Not sure what happens when Updates are pending and a Restore is done. Can’t remember ever trying that sequence.

Archived