Problems Linking Brand New 2-Pin LampLinc (2457D2X)

dpower

Took delivery of this device earlier this week. Plugged it in and proceeded to link it through the conventional method (i.e. clicking "New INSTEON Device") The LampLinc appeared to link with the ISY however it did take longer to link than I recall it taking with other devices.

The device showed up under "My Lighting" and I proceeded to adjust the Ramp Rate -- no problem. Right click and "Query" device -- no problem. Turn the attached lamp on or off locally -- no problem.

From the device page, click "On" or "Off" and I get "Cannot Communicate With... Please check connections."

I'm running ISY firmware v3.1.17. The LampLinc's device page indicates v.00 -- which is suspect. The device is plugged directly into a wall outlet -- the same outlet an older 3-pin LampLinc was removed from.

I'm stumped. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

dp

The new LampLincs are I2CS devices which require 3.2.4. Update to 3.2.4. Clear the Java cache and use the URL for the 3.2.4 Admin Console. After update click Help | About to verify both the Firmware line and UI line indicated 3.2.4.

Once confirmed the ISY and Admin Console are on 3.2.4, Delete the LampLinc and add it back under 3.2.4. If the LampLinc was added to any Scenes they must be recreated under 3.2.4.

Archived