Motion Sensor (2420M) Set Up Question

GDavis01

I just bought a Motion Sensor (2420M) and set it up so that it is recognized by my ISY99i. Under My Lighting I now see the 3 parts of the unit (Sensor, Dusk.Dawn, Low Bat). I also set the parameters as Timeout = 1 minute; Led Brightness = 10; Darkness Sensitivity = 35. I also checked all 3 boxes (As Motion is Sensed; ON/Off Commands; and Always).

My question is, now that it is setup, shouldn't the state of the Motion Sensor-Sensor change to "ON" when there is motion in front of the unit? I have been trying to test it by waving my hand right in front of it and yet I see no change in status!

Thanks for the reply.

I am at 3.2.6 on the ISY and it is a new motion sensor. I unchecked the On Only Mode but nothing seems to happen when there is motion!

The current state of the Motion Sensor-Sensor remains at OFF; the current state of Motion Sensor-Dusk.Dawn remains at ON. Is this what I should be seeing?

Dusk/Dawn node depends on the current ambient light for a minimum of 3.5 minutes compared to the Dark setting. Motion Sensor node should indicate On when Motion is sensed. Once On it will stay On when in Occupancy (Sensing mode).

Verify Jumper 5 is On.

Move a Dual Band device closer to the motion sensor

Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer with Level 3 selected. Create motion and post anything the event viewer traces in response to motion.

Archived