RemoteLink 2 with multiple ISY99s

bsobel

Hi,

I am looking at the RemoteLink2 for use in my car and I would (ideally) like to carry one and link it to multiple ISY99 networks (e.g. buttons 1/2 ISY #1, button 3 ISY #2, button4, ISY#3). Is there any safe way to do this without overwriting the links made by one ISY when making a change on another ISY?

Thanks,

Bill

There is no way to do that. The only approach would be to use the "keep existing links" options. This will result in permanent communications errors every time a button is pressed because two of the three PLM Insteon addresses will fail to respond even if the broken links could be maintained.

"So each button generates a message to both the PLM and the item it controls (or is it a scene/group message?)."

Yes, a button press sends a Group/Scene message to the PLM so the ISY can maintain the current state of the device. This linkage is established when the device is initially added to the ISY. Same Group/Scene message is also sent to any devices that have been linked to the button as responders.

All Insteon devices (except PLM sending Direct message) send Group/Scene messages when the button/paddle is pressed.

Archived