Somfy shade controller and KeypadLinc

ideaguy

Yes there is. Please follow the following instructions:

Network Resources

In the Network Resources section of your ISY controller, create commands to control your shades. You will need separate Network Resources for each command (up,down,stop/my,presets).

For example, to create a command to raise the group 1 shades:

1. Create a network resource of type http GET.

2. Enter the hostname as your Shade Control IP device's IP address or "shadecontrol" and a port of 80.

3. Enter a path of "/set.cgi?addr=1&gp=1&val=up".

4. Under the headers section, click Add and choose Authorization. Enter the login credentials for your Shade Control device.

5. Save your new network resource and name it something like 'Shades 1 Up'.

To create more commands you will follow the same procedure adjusting only the path value. Using the copy button makes this very easy.

Here are the possible values:

addr - the address of the Universal II Interface (will always be 1 unless you have more than one interface connected)

gp - the group/channel you want to control (1-16)

val - the command you want to execute (up, st, dn, ps1, ps2, ps3)

Programs

Use the network resources you have created inside programs to connect the actions to other elements of your automation system.

For example, to create a program linked to a keypadlinc button that controls shade group 1:

1. Create a new program.

2. Configure the program as:

If
Control Keypadlinc-ButtonX is switched On
And	Control Keypadlinc-ButtonX is not switched Off

Then
Resource 'Shades 1 Up'

Else
Resource 'Shades 1 Down'

3. Create a new program.

4. Configure the program as:

If
Control Keypadlinc-ButtonX is switched Fade Up
Or	Control Keypadlinc-ButtonX is switched Fade Down

Then
Resource 'Shades 1 Stop'

5. Save the programs

Now the keypadlinc button should have full control over shades in group 1. Optionally you can link fast on/fast off actions to another preset.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for the post. I have a couple questions.

With the programming code you gave - how would the buttom operate? Would you tap the button to make the shade go up and then tap again to make it stop? How about making the sahde go down?

Thanks for your help.

You would tap to turn the button on to start the shade going up then you would hold the button down for dim/bright to stop it. Then you would tap to turn the button off to make it go down.

Alternatively you could have all single taps be up, all holds be stop and all double taps be down. Really there is lots of flexibility it just depends on how you want the button to operate.

Thanks.

Great - that is helpful.

One other question - I will have a total of 24 shdes so plan to use 2 different Universal II Interfacs. Do I also need 2 Autelis devices? How do I code for the 2 different Universal II Interfaces?

Thanks!

You may wish to consider whether you can group those 24 shades into 16 or fewer groups or if you need individual control of all shades.

But otherwise yes you can connect more than one Universal II interface. We can add support for this to the web interface if you'd like and you can already send commands to the second interface from ISY by changing the addr value in the commands as listed above.

Thanks.

Just so I understand correctly:

1. Do I need 2 Autelis controllers (one for each Universal controller)?

2. Do I set the code to 1 for the first controller and then 2 for the second? And then just change the coding as you indicated?

Also - having them all avialble in one web interface would be ideal.

Thanks

Dave

1. One unit will be fine, however if you want to locate your universal II interfaces separately (on different floors for example) you could also use two separate units along with WiFi bridging so that you don't have to run a cable between them.

2. Yes that is correct.

Thanks.

Yes the two Universal II interfaces can be connected together via a cat5 cable and then one of them is connected to our Shade Control device using another specially configured cat5 cable (included with Shade Control). Please select the RS485 version of Shade Control when you order in order to support this configuration.

Thanks.

• 9 months later...

Finally setting up my shade controller!

I have the RS486 version. I can see the first shade controller in the mobile app but not the second one.

Am i missing something or have you not yet added this to the mobile app controls?

Thanks

Dave

Archived