Device control ipad and isy

jlamb

I have the Mobi HD for IPAD and use an isy99i am having some errors I cannot figure out. When I use a KPL Device on the ipad it shows me the device and status of all eight buttons(blue if on). When I press a button of the KPL on the IPAD it seems to trigger scenes, but it does not trigger ISY programs associated with that button (when those programs use "control" in the if statement). I was under the impression that pushing a button of a device on the IPAD responded the same is if pushing the button on the wall...

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a limitation here?

Jasson

An If Control 'kplbuttonc" is switched On is looking for an On command flowing from the KPL device. That cannot be simulated. Turning on the KPL button by whatever means cannot cause the KPL to send an On command as though the KPL button is being pressed.

LeeG is correct.

Under the hood, MobiLinc is turning the scene ON where the KPL is the controller of the scene. The effect is that the KPL button lights up based on scene controls but does not equal a physical button press (it just looks like it works that way). To the ISY, a "Control" statement is limited to the actual physical action of pressing that KPL. If you'd like to have MobiLinc trigger the program with the KPL change, consider changing from "Control" to "Status". There could be other side-effects here (so always test your changes), but would get you on the path where the KPL status changes and triggers a program based on pushing the KPL from within MobiLinc.

Wes

Archived