Lost Communication with just one switch

So after several months of no issue all of the sudden ISY-99i running 3.2.6 started reporting lost contact with one of my switches. A 2476S Non-Dimming wall switch. This switch is connected to 2 overhead florescent garage lights. The rest of my insteon devices work great with most of them of the Dual-Band variety. Unfortunally when i bought the 2476S they did not offer a dual-band version.

Anyhow so far to troubleshot the problem I have done the following:

Removed the device from ISY and tried to re-link it by puttin ISY into link mode then holding the device set button for 3-5s, however the device only single beeps never double and ISY never sees it.

Factory Rest via pulling the air gap for +10s and then holding the set button until it finishes beeping and tried re-linking afterwards same result.

I double checked that I had Dual-band devices that were bridging, and I do.

Questions for the forum:

1. Any other ideas to troubleshoot

2. I do not have any filters on my various UPS devices in the house but as stated never had issues so did not bother with them. Anyone think I should really invest in some? I did recently replaced one UPS with a newer one, maybe I will disconnect that UPS and see if that resolves the issue, if so I guess I have my answer.

3. Does this seem more likely a device failure?

You can try New INSTEON Device to add the SwitchLinc. That will provide some retry capability that is not present with the Set button press.

The definitive test is to connect the SwitchLinc Relay to an appliance cord and plug the cord at the same location as the PLM. If it does not work there the device is defective.

Well I just did the test of unplugging the new UPS. And viola the device now links properly. I guess I will be ordering a FilterLinc module :(. I suspect the other devices did not have issue since they are either all dual band or linked with a dual band device (3-way switches 1 dual 1 single)

Some surge strips also have a filter in them. Some are marked and some you have to guess at.

Many of them also absorb Insteon signals. Maybe you surge strip has a different tuned curve or is less effective and partially blocked the UPS filter from working.

Archived