voltage leakage on appliance linc and outletlinc

beernutmark

Hi,

I am having an issue with the appliancelinc and outletlinc devices and am wondering if there is a solution. Both devices are leaking very slight amounts of current when in the off position. The current leak is enough to make my son's star projector to briefly flash on every 1.5 seconds or so when the outlets are switched off.

I first tried the appliance linc and then replaced with an in wall outlet to the same effect. Any solution or am I just not going to be able to use insteon for this device?

Thanks,

Mark Alston

Both of those devices have load sense which does pass a small amount of current which is used to identify when the device is turned On. Load sense can be turned Off but the trickle current remains.

It will require a Relay device without load sense powering a standard outlet.

• 2 years later...

If anyone is still struggling with this, I have found an off the shelf, under $10 solution:

The RCA WP2UWR USB Wall Plate:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IPMIBQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is designed to provide 2 USB power ports under a standard outlet. When plugged into an outletlinc or appliance link, it provides a sync for the sense current - even when no USB devices are connected. 

I'm sure there are other similar devices... but this one definitely serves the purpose.

Hopefully this will help someonw else out.

Archived