KeypadLinc to control hot water heater

mdyod

We have an impossible situation. The Insteon messages from the Scene Test show the PLM address as 19.73.80 which is in red

Wed 08/01/2012 08:56:46 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 1D.9A.3B 19.73.80 E1 13 FF LTOFFRR(FF)

Wed 08/01/2012 08:56:46 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 1A.C6.28 19.73.80 61 13 FF LTOFFRR(FF)

I don't see how Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Info can be showing anything else.

We have an impossible situation. The Insteon messages from the Scene Test show the PLM address as 19.73.80 which is in red

Wed 08/01/2012 08:56:46 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 1D.9A.3B 19.73.80 E1 13 FF LTOFFRR(FF)

Wed 08/01/2012 08:56:46 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 1A.C6.28 19.73.80 61 13 FF LTOFFRR(FF)

I don't see how Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Info can be showing anything else.

That don't sound good :cry:

Physical inspection of the actual PLM confirms 19.73.80 is stamped on the back

So what does this mean and how do we fix it?

First determine how/why the difference in what the PLM in use is versus what was thought to be running with. Switch to the correct PLM if 19.73.80 is not the correct PLM.

Be sure you have a current ISY backup.

If 19.73.80 is the PLM you want to run with reboot the ISY and verify that Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Info/Status shows 19.73.80. Then run File | Restore Modem (PLM) which should change all the references in all the devices to the new PLM address. This will take some time as all PLM references in all devices will have to be changed.

ok - will do - i'm going out of town for a couple days - But I'll try this s soon as i get back home and let you know how it works out...

Do you think that this will fix it?

Thanks again LeeG for being so helpful and willing to share your knowledge! :)

The PLM address must match the address in the responder link records. Cannot work when they do not match. Like the Program using Scenes, each solution will get closer to a working configuration. I expected the Program using a Scene to fix the problem. That change lead to finding the PLM address mismatch. When that is resolved it may take us to another problem. Will have to work through each problem until they are all resolved.

Once the Restore Modem (PLM) function has been run try the Scene Test again as verification.

The PLM address must match the address in the responder link records. Cannot work when they do not match. Like the Program using Scenes, each solution will get closer to a working configuration. I expected the Program using a Scene to fix the problem. That change lead to finding the PLM address mismatch. When that is resolved it may take us to another problem. Will have to work through each problem until they are all resolved.

Once the Restore Modem (PLM) function has been run try the Scene Test again as verification.

I understand / Will do - Thanks for sticking with me until we get this all worked out....

Archived