Devices work in ISY, but not physical button scenes?

RichTJ99

Hi,

I have a number of scenes. One is an "All Off" scene. For that scene I make sure that on the keypads I use (typically button "D") that are toggled to off only.

I notice that there are a few rooms that do not respond to the physical button press however if I am logged into the ISY admin mode, I am able to turn the lights on & off.

I have the Den (which has a 4 way) with a load, then Den entry, den kitchen. They are all controllers to the "Den" scene. If I press the button when walking into the room, it works fine. If I use the ISY, it works fine.

When I use the "All off" D button it does not go on or off.

I am having similar problems with a few other devices. I have well over 120 devices in my home, I think I have about 75 or so dual band devices. I dont think communication is an issue since the Den works via the den entry/kitchen switches, just not on the 'all off'.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

EDIT: It seems in another room, that when I turn the light on & off, the ISY is not getting a status update. In my kids playroom, I have two dual band dimmer, one dual band keypad switch. The Two dual band dimmers have no problem sending the ISY a status update but the dual band keypad doesnt seem to update it.

One is an "All Off" scene.

All "scenes" have "on" levels for each controller of the scene. When you activate the scene, are you sending an "on" command or an "off" command. Have you checked the "on" levels for each controller?

It seems in another room, that when I turn the light on & off, the ISY is not getting a status update.

Where is you ISY plugged in, and with what other devices in that outlet and circuit?

Hi,

another example:

In my Den is a 2 gang box, 1 load for the main den lights, one load for the den light by the fireplace. Neither the Den lights nor the den fireplace lights were giving any updates. It had a regular switchlinc(den fireplace) & a dual band 1000w dimmer(main den). The dual band dimmer is about 7-8 feet away (in the same room) from two different dualband dimmers that are non-load but part of the 3 way den. The 2 gang box is within 8 feet of three other dual band devices.

I ended up swapping a dualband on/off swithclinc in the 2 gang box & now the den fireplace seems to have status updates. The main den, in the same box, using the same power & neutral, which is also dualband, does not show updates.

This is the problem I am having in a few places. Devices that are in the same box, 1 inch away seem not to get or send updates.

My ISY is not far away from the den.

The all off scene, has all devices set for 100% & the time at .1s.

Thanks,

Rich

My ISY is not far away from the den.

This does not necessarily guarantee physical proximity from a wiring standpoint.

While it sounds like you have a lot of dual-band devices, have you ensured you have at least one on each leg of your electrical supply?

Archived