Enable internet access with D-Link dir-655

NickMach007

I recently bought a D-link dir-655 router after setting up my isy-99. I thought this would automate the process of connecting to my isy remotely. When I am logged into my isy, no matter what I try I cannot get my isy to allow me to enable internet access. I continue to get an error message stating "Failed Enabling Internet Access." What am I missing here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Brian

The router has to support uPnP for the File | Enable Internet Access to work. Not all routers do. Also if the router is rebooted the uPnP setup is lost. UDI recommends setting the router definition manually so they are permanent.

EDIT: I checked the Wiki which does list that router as supporting uPnP. Is that feature enabled in the router? Does not change the recommendation that port forwarding be done manually

uPnP was already enabled, I double checked it. I configured port forwarding and it worked great for 24 hours. But now I lost remote access again. Only thing I can think of is that I had to reset the router, but I can't find any settings that were lost. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help so far.

-Brian

I think that is the problem-- no static IP. So on to dynamic DNS. I haven't set this up before, so I am going to try this tonight-- but I already know the router supports it, so hopefull the config will go easy. If not, I may be back asking more questions. Thanks to everyone for the help so far.

-Brian

Archived