Programming Question

stephan

Hi all,

I love the capabilities of the ISY and have done quite a bit already with it at home. However there is still one particular usecase that I was unable to solve. I am hoping that someone here can help me.

I try to be able to turn a light or device on and off from

a) a button from a KPL

B) my x10 remote

c) MobiLinc - which in the end uses the REST interface from the ISY

d) whenever anyone is turning the module on/off the respective button on my KPL should correctly light up.

The reason this isn't working for me is because the REST interface only allows to change the status. There is no "pressing" that I can program in my programs.

So here is what I tried

a) program that listens on "control"

B) program that listens on x10 changes

c) program that listens on status change 100%

© seems to be the culprit as (a) and (B) also mean that the status is changed to 100% and therefore my program © runs multiple times.

No matter how I tried that I did not get a program right that could seamlessly work with all three triggers.

Any help is appreciated.

-Stephan

The first thing that I would do is to create a scene, with the module and KPL button as "controllers". Doing this will cause the module to come on when the KPL is pressed, and the KPL to come on when the module is turned on. Smarthome calls this "cross linking" in their manuals, but be sure to do this via ISY.

Assuming you have X-10 equipment set up to where the remote is ultimately sending signals via the powerline, and you have good communication across all circuits and legs of your electrical system, I think I would go with a couple of simple ISY programs, such as:

if 
X10 "A1/on" is recieved
then
turn "newly created scene" on
else

if 
x-10 "A1/off' is recieved
then
turn "newly created scene" off
else

My experience with mobilinc is that you simply choose the newly created scene and turn it on or off. I don't know whether it uses REST interface and have never cared.

So far I always checked for whether something has a status.

If this is a comment regarding mobilinc, my understanding is that the displayed status may not be accurate. I believe that changes made via switch or keypad or ISY may not be reflected in mobilinc. I suspect this has to do with limiting the power and data consumed by mobilinc. There is a manual refresh option which should update device status.

Archived