FanLinc Controlled by 2 Keypad Lincs

robind21283

Hi,

I have one FanLinc controller and 2 Keypad lincs - one by my bedroom door and one by my bed. When I press a button on my bedside KPL (say Fan Low) the light illuminates on both the bedside KPL and the door KPL - any other buttons in the grouping on the bedside KPL turn off, but at the door they remain illuminated. I.E. the fan is off and the fan off light is illuminated by the door, from my bed, I press the fan low button on the KPL, the fan off light on the bedside KPL turns off, while the fan low turns on, but on the door KPL, both lights remain illuminated.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Depends on the age of the KeypadLinc. What is the KeypadLinc firmware level (at door) ?

For the bedside KeypadLinc to turn Secondary buttons Off on the KPL at the door, the door KPL must be v.40 or higher.

Also the Responder On Level for the Secondary buttons to be turned Off at the door KPL must to be set to 0% On Level. Even with this setting the KPL at the door must be v.40 or higher.

For an older KPL ISY Programs and Scenes must be used to turn Off the Secondary buttons. A Program is triggered with a On button press at the bed KPL which issues a Set Scene Off for the other Secondary buttons on the door KPL.

Click a bedside KeypadLinc button node name listed below the Scene name (button C for example). Check the Responder On Levels for the door KeypadLinc Secondary buttons A,B. and D. They should be set for 0% On Level so that when beside KeypadLinc button C is pressed and sends an On command to door KeypadLinc button C to turn On, the On command will turn Off door KPL buttons A,B, and D. I am using a 6 button KPL nomenclature.

What is the firmware level of the door KeypadLinc?

What ISY firmware level is being used?

Archived