Sending Notifications

jcip

I set up a simple program with a custom notification (see below). Oddly, when I take out the line "Wait 20 seconds" the notification gets sent when the "If" clause is true, but with the "Wait" line it does NOT send the notification. I can confirm 100% that the program runs otherwise because the AC unit is turning Off and I can see the tempurature fluctuating throughout the night on a Netbotz temp log. (I have another program that turns the 'AC' module On.) Last night it toggled on and off on 30-40 min intervals at least 6 time which means 12 notifications... but I got none.

The reason I added the Wait clause is b/c the status was not reading correctly... I assume that the 'AC' module did not have enough time to turn off and update. Also, when I run the "Then" clause the program sends the notification. I thought it could be a problem with the timer but since it sends when I run the 'Then', I ruled that out. Very odd. To reiterate, the program does run without the 'Wait 20 seconds' line. I have tried different delays as well... from 1-20 seconds... nothing.

I have a ISY 994i; Firmware and UI v.3.3.4.

If

Status 'Thermo Server' <= 80 (Tempurature)

And Staus AC is On

Then

Set 'AC' Off

Wait 20 seconds

Send Notification tp 'Ops' content 'Status Thermo'

Else

- No Actions -

The Then clause changes the Status of the AC which causes the If to be reevaluated when the Wait is executed. The reevaluation is False which drives the Else clause so nothing after the Wait is executed. One solution is to split the logic into two Programs with the Wait and Notification in a second Program that is not affected by the reevaluation.

Archived