EZIO40 for sprinklers

adam48

I am looking to purchase a EZIO40 to run my sprinkers. (only 2 stations) I did not see much in the Wiki or forums about this device. Does this device work well with ISY? What is the best way to link this device to ISY? Once the device is linked, do the 4 different contollers appear in ISY, or does it require special scripting/programming to use? (I'm a newbie and have not used any of the advanced programming/scripts as of yet)

In addition, does the EZIO40 have a programable fail safe off time. (After x number of minutes, turn controller off, so sprinklers would not run all day, causing flooding) or would this be setup in ISY?

Thanks

Adam

“Does this device work well with ISY?â€

Yes

“ What is the best way to link this device to ISY?â€

Use New INSTEON Device, enter Insteon Address, Name of choice, leave Device Type set to default Auto Discover. The ISY should be at 3.3.5 (RC2) or later

“Once the device is linked, do the 4 different contollers appear in ISYâ€

There will be 4 responder nodes, one for each Relay. A simple ISY Program can be used to turn each Relay On and Off for the desired times.

“does the EZIO40 have a programable fail safe off time.â€

Yes. However the ISY does not support setting the timers. It is necessary to use the SHN Utility Suite (free download from SHN Web site) and a PLM to set the timer values.

The EZFlora is a simpler device to use with the ISY. The EZFlora timers are supported by the ISY.

Archived