2413UH with serial adapter to isy994i - Would this work ?

Gee

I did a brief search on "2413uh" and did not see this already asked, so forgive me if this is old stuff.

I'm getting ready to take the plunge. Can I use a 2413UH with an ISY994i (instead of the 2412S) if I use a USB/Serial adapter cable ?

I'd like to acquire the Houselinc software and compatibility with this purchase even though it might just be redundant to the ISY994i. The ISY bundle comes with a 2412S. By purchasing the PLM seperately and buying a 2413UH it would be about $20 bucks more, but I'd pick up the Houselinc software.

Thanks in advance.

No. The HouseLinc enabled PLM is a USB interface PLM. The ISY requires a Serial interface PLM. The only Serial PLM now being marketed is the 2413S Dual Band PLM.

Also note that it is very difficult to manage a given inventory of Insteon devices with two different Automation applications (HouseLinc and ISY). Both establish links in all the devices pointing back to their respective PLMs to facilitate event based activity. There will be continual conflicts with device link records both are trying to manage. You must be an Insteon expert, have extensive knowledge of how the ISY and HouseLinc work internally and will still have problems. Definitely not recommended.

Where did you see an ISY994i and a 2412S bundled?

The 2412S has been discontinued for a long time now.

The 2413S Dual Band PLM is the present one being used.

Since it does not provide power to the ISY994i an external power supply is used.

My ISY994i had a power supply in the kit.

Archived