2477D With a Mind of Its Own?

PLCGuy

I have a 2477D with a what seems to be a mind of its own. I have it set as a responder in a scene created using the ISY99. The scene deliberately has no controllers and no programs (it used to have both, but I removed them to troubleshoot). There are two other 2477Ds and 2486 KPL with a load in the same scene.

No matter what I set the scene to, this particular 2477D ramps back to its local setting. If I locally set the 2477D to OFF, then turning ON the scene at the ISY results in the load going ON and then ramping OFF. If I locally set the 2477D to ON, then turning OFF the scene results in the load going OFF and then ramping ON. No other 2477D acts like this.

Any suggestions?

I would factory reset the device, followed by a Restore Device. An Off command can have no affect except to turn a device Off.

Tried that and get the same result - the device shuts itself off every time the ISY tries to turn it on. Just to make things even simpler, I removed the device from all scenes and it doesn't help. It overrides all ISY commands and ramps back to the local level.

Just for grins, here is the Device Links Table (1E.48.B4 is the PLM):

post-4428-140474157593_thumb.png

Unless the event trace shows some activity after the Scene Off I take this as a device issue. A Scene On command can turn a device Off although going to On first is not right. A Scene Off cannot have any normal result other than turning the device Off. A device returning to On after an Off command (assuming it was not externally commanded) is a bad device.

Well the 2477D is now working. I had removed it from the system and replaced it with another 2477D in the same location. The second unit worked flawlessly, so I don't think it was a comms issue.

I was going to return the dimmer, but decided to test it one last time in a test jig I have. I had factory reset it at least three times, but did it one more time in the test system. Then I discovered it with the ISY99 and put it into the same scene as before (but under a new name). Suddenly it started working. I have tried it on both phases with the same result.

Go figure... :roll:

Archived