Motion sensors not showing in event viewer

jaycanter

Motion sensors not showing in event viewer. i know my bathroom was working last night but i got a bunch of new toys today and everything links fine when i add the item but every wireless device is not showing in event viewer or trigger there programs. any wireless items do not show at all I have tried 7 motion sensors-2420m & 2842-2 and 2843-222 open close sensors its like my wireless stopped but i can see them in houselinc. right now i am 3.3.3 and tried 3.3.4 & 3.3.5 i reset power to the isy and nothing

also i have an email sent when my garage door opens and that quit also today. I have 2843 thats linked to a switch to turn a light on when a door opens and works every time.

thanks

Move one of the new RF devices near the 2413 PLM. If it does not work there the PLM could be full such that new Responder links do not fit in the PLM or some RF problem has developed in the Insteon mesh network. The ISY has no control over the RF aspects of the mesh network. A Restore Modem (PLM) will compress out duplicate and unused link records if the PLM is full. An RF problem could be a wireless baby monitor, failed RF portion of the PLM or Access Points, out of range of a Dual Band device, and so on.

I suggest going to 3.3.6 (RC3)

Thanks LeeG, I changed to 3.3.6 and spent several hrs last night and couldn't get programs to run that were trigger by a wireless device but if the wireless device was linked directly with a scene it would work. I restored the modem and was even gonna change it but got to late last night. got up this morning and everythings working. I feel like a reject i don't understand if stuff linked together work thats wireless how come the isy isn't seeing the wireless in the event viewer and trigger the items?

I am just lost at this point.

Thanks

Jay

Linking device A to device B uses the link database in each device. So long as these are not full which is highly unlikely they communicate with each other. If the PLM link database is/was full the PLM cannot "see" the message traffic directed to it and therefore cannot pass that traffic on to the ISY.

Archived