OutletLinc shows in ISY, lamp doesn't turn on/off

First, I want to thank everyone as you all have been a great resource in my first day with the ISY994i. I literally have all of one day under my belt so bear with me...

So far, I have three devices running: ISY994i, 2413S PLM, and one OuletLinc 2472d with a floor lamp plugged into the switched outlet with the small magnet tab.

Everything seemed to install fine. I am able to access the isy just fine, and the plm shows as connected. I installed the outlet and clicked "start linking" and then held the outletlinc button until a beep. The isy shows the device and I am able to turn on and off and adjust settings but the lamp itself never changes state. If I click the lamp on manually/locally, the green light on outlet comes on, otherwise it's red when off.

All of this sounds great except I can't actually turn the lamp on/off/dim.

It's worth noting that Mobilinc registers everything fine and will mimic any command given by the ISY994i (and the opposite) but if you query the Insteon device, they'll both show it to be off, regardless of its actual state.

Any suggestions?

Michael

Congratulations on getting the ISY up and running. Welcome to the ISY fan club! What does Help ! About show for ISY Firmware and UI levels?

When turned On with the Admin Console (click on OutletLinc node and click On button in right pane) does the LED on the OutletLinc remain Red or does it turn Green?

When the lamp turns On manually are you clicking the button on the OutletLinc turning the lamp On and the OutletLinc LED green or are you turning the lamp manual switch On?

ISY firmware: 3.2.6

UI: same as firmware (Insteon_UD994 v. 3.2.6)

If the lamp is turned on by the lamp itself and the LED on Outletlinc is green, if I press the OutletLinc button nothing happens. I've had to turn on the lamp by rotating the switch on it. And when I make changes via the ISY, the Outletlinc LED never changes, it always shows green when on and red when off.

Should I reset the Outletlinc entirely? As a side note, I know I can disable devices but how do I delete it entirely? I tried start linking and remove existing links but had no luck there.

Thanks for the quick response!

Michael

I think you just right click on the device in the tree and choose delete.. maybe it is remove.

But I'm suspecting you have a defective device there. The IC chip think's it's working, but the actuallrelay in there is not. I have an ICON appliance module that probably got too hot under a blanket and the dog sleeping on that blanket and it no longer physically does anything, but the computer sure thinks it does.

I have been meaning to take it apart and eyeball it. Someone said their zenier diode's cane go bad with some heat and self desolder!

“If the lamp is turned on by the lamp itself and the LED on Outletlinc is green, if I press the OutletLinc button nothing happens.â€

This result is a defective OutletLinc. However, if the Ramp Rate is slow the LED does not turn Red until the lamp ramps completely Off.

“I've had to turn on the lamp by rotating the switch on it.â€

This may just be wording but the lamp switch has to remain On for the OutletLinc to control the lamp. The OutletLinc cannot override a lamp switch that is Off.

Then I'm guessing that it's a defective OutletLinc because the ramp rate is 2sec and with the lamp on, the button on the outlet itself does absolutely nothing. (and yes, I understand that the lamp switch needs to stay on)

I deleted it from the ISY994i and will try to reset the outlet and relink. As it stands, when trying to link, the outlet doesn't beep after holding it for three+ seconds to set it. It did the very first time. I'll report back if I have any success.

Thanks for all of your help.

Michael

Archived