New Led bulb

bmiller

I have one of the new dimmable LED bulbs installed in my daughters bedroom. It has been there for a few weeks, and has been working fine.

A couple of days ago the console gave me the communication error for this device, and now under the device listing, it says unsupported device 1.58.

I can turn it on and off from the console. The program status shows the last operation, and the next upcoming operation as it should. What would the

unsupported device mean?

Thanks for the help.

Brad

It probably has said unsupported device from the beginning. It means the device type (cat/subcat) is not known by the Admin Console when the device was added to the ISY. This can be the result of not having a late enough ISY firmware or the Admin Console is at an earlier level.

Suggest moving to 3.3.9. Verify with Help | About that both Firmware and UI indicate 3.3.9. Then Delete and add the LED Bulb. This will NOT affect/correct the comm problem.

Thanks Lee. It was like that all the time, i just never noticed. I upgraded to 3.3.9, and now it is recognized. Everything appears to be ok. I'm not

sure why i had the communication error, but it seems ok now.

Archived