I/OLINC for Garage

KHLUDI

I have an ISY994i, MobiLinc Pro and a KeypadLinc. And I want to use KeypadLinc button A for my Garage.

It took me all day today tried to get I/O Linc for my Garage Door to work. I followed the Quick Start Guide. In the Admin Console, I don't see the Senor and Relay Update it status when the Garage closed and openned. I am really confuse now.

I am going to factory reset the I/O Linc tomorrow morning and try again.

Does anyone have a complete step by step guide on how to hook this up? I don't want to mess up some steps and asking for help. Because that will get more complicated. So I am going to reset the IOLINC and start from scratch. Can anyone help me with some detail instructions. This will save me from a lot of headache tomorrow.

Thanks

I have an ISY994i, MobiLinc Pro and a KeypadLinc. And I want to use KeypadLinc button A for my Garage.

It took me all day today tried to get I/O Linc for my Garage Door to work. I followed the Quick Start Guide. In the Admin Console, I don't see the Senor and Relay Update it status when the Garage closed and openned. I am really confuse now.

Does anyone have a complete step by step guide on how to hook this up? I don't want to mess up some steps and asking for help. Because that will get more complicated. So I am going to reset the IOLINC and start from scratch. Can anyone help me with some detail instructions. This will save me from a lot of headache tomorrow.

Thanks

There is exactly step by step in the wiki. I set up, my garage with it and ordered normally closed reed switches from Ebay.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk HD

Thanks

There is exactly step by step in the wiki. I set up, my garage with it and ordered normally closed reed switches from Ebay.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk HD

Is there by any chance you guys can point me to the right guide or detail instruction. Where is the wiki?

You can find the wiki by going to a search engine and searching for "universal devices wiki". It is here:

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... =Main_Page

Within the wiki, if one searches for "garage", a good set of instructions shows up. They are here:

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... e_Door_Kit

While I suspect hardware and software has been updated and may not be an exact match to these instructions, the concepts are still accurate and clear enough to get you started. Be aware that older garage kits included a version of the sensor having wires for both "normally open" and "normally closed" states. I understand newer kits include a different sensor.

Once you have an ISY, it is best to link all devices via the ISY admin console using scenes. Do not manually link devices via quick start guides.

You can find the wiki by going to a search engine and searching for "universal devices wiki". It is here:

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... =Main_Page

Within the wiki, if one searches for "garage", a good set of instructions shows up. They are here:

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... e_Door_Kit

While I suspect hardware and software has been updated and may not be an exact match to these instructions, the concepts are still accurate and clear enough to get you started. Be aware that older garage kits included a version of the sensor having wires for both "normally open" and "normally closed" states. I understand newer kits include a different sensor.

Once you have an ISY, it is best to link all devices via the ISY admin console using scenes. Do not manually link devices via quick start guides.

Thanks for the advice. I read many solutions from this forum and many of you mentioned some red, green, black wires for this IoLinc Garage. This new IoLinc got 4 wires and they are all the same color White. So like you said, I should do everything to setup with ISY and not manually with the devices(iolinc and keypadlinc)?

Thanks,

Archived