The basics.....

Steven M Castano

It's in the 2477D manual list as "Phase Bridging"

http://wiki.smarthome.com/index.php?tit ... se_Bridger

Funny how the procedure for "Phased Bridging Detection Mode" is no longer referenced in the revision of the manual that I have;

SwitchLincâ„¢ Dimmer

INSTEON® Dual-Band Remote Control Dimmer

Owner’s Manual (rev 5.0+)

(#2477Dxxx)

Rev: 7/24/2012 10:26 AM

However it does list "Phase bridge detect beacon = Yes" in the Sepcifications at the end of the document.

~Mike

If there a good way, in the ISY or with tools I have now, do to a baselinc signal test to see if adding gear next week improves the signal strength?

(Also, after moving one of the Acess Point last nights after a bunch of this reading.... I see much fewer Hop=0 messages, but did have some intermitant communications issues)

There is not really a good way. Your fewer hop=0 messages is a good clue. The ISY has a scene test, which is a gross indication of communication goodness. This may be the closest to what you are looking for.

Well, there is a former Elk signal meter that was used for X10 that does show the voltage on the line even with Insteon. I owe someone one here a movie of how it works.

It's a pretty good light show when you change a scene with a few kpl's and switch lincs involved!

But you can see visually if you have a signal sucker and if the filter made a difference. The last signal sucker I found was my washing machine!

The 4 tap Set button test is not required for the RF to function. It does show how many devices are in range of each other and how many are on the opposite phase.

So... I did this on my SwitchLinc Dimmer (v6.9 1248 with firmware level V.42) and... it doesn't work. In fact, each single tap of the set button beeps once and..... as if to haunt me some much (at least I thought to test it again)... IT TURNS ON THE "RESUME BRIGHT" feature!! hahahaha

So, 2 questions:

1) Does this mean the RF beacon test mode has been taken out? I can't seem to find anything clear in the documentation

2) HOW DO YOU TURN THAT STUPID RESUME BRIGHT MODE OFF!!!???? The directions say to set the switch to a level other than OFF and hit the set button once. That should turn off resume bright and set the local on level to that new value. It... does not. Nor does running the program I have written to set the scene and local on levels back to 50%

The good news is, after the last 3 or 4 days of "playing" I remembered the solution from the last time, did a factory reset and everything is working again. Thank goodness! :-P

So... I did this on my SwitchLinc Dimmer (v6.9 1248 with firmware level V.42) and... it doesn't work.

This is the vintage SwitchLinc I have, purchased from SH back in December. That is also where I downloaded the manual from that had no mention of the "Phased Bridging Detection Mode" so maybe they removed that function. I would try it but would rather as the sayin goes "leave well enough alone" and be happy everything is working as expected. I am learning right along with you with much help and guidance from the forum members.

~Mike

then come back here to get more help working out the bugs!

Don't wait for more problems to come back. Check in regularly, even if you don't need help. Your experience may be needed to help out another.

Oh don't worry... I'm not going anywhere! I've been reading religiously for the last few days and plan to contine. Right now I'm actually reading posts on timed dimming and setting multiple scenes with time offsets to avoid "traffic jams"....

I will surely be on here a LOT as the whole idea of automating EVERYTHING is something I love.

I've got bar lights, standing fans, coffee makers, a fountain, heaters that currently have no thermostat on them.... and yes, I'd like to figure out how to automate my couch!! I was thinking about it the other day when I got in my Audi.... how is "knows" there's someone in the passenger seat and turns on the right airbags. I happen to know this is done with a gel type sack inside the seat and when you sit down it squeezes some down a tube to activate a trigger....

So, my idea, get this working on the couch. Now I realize putting something IN my couch cushions might now work, but how about some kind of load cell under some of the legs? or even installed somehow between the legs and the base of the couch... granted I'm a little bigger than the average bear here, 225 pounds, but even the 100 pound soaking wet girlfriend.... surely I can some way of rigging a sensor to know if at least 100 pounds or more has been added on top of it, right?

So, sit down.... and the lights get a little dimmer, the projector goes on (IR Linc) and the project screen rolls down (IO linc)... and if I Can figure it out, I'd like the vertical blinds to roll closed too! :-P Get up while the TV is on and the lights in the hallway come up a bit, montion sensors (I'd like a few) so I can set them up with "limited" view, can pinpoint approximately where I am in the hallway... am I going to the kitchen, or the bathroom.... and of course, leave the lights up until I get back and the load sensors "feels" me sit down on the couch again.....

It's all a little unnecessary.... maybe even TOTALLY excessive, but hey... that's what makes it fun! :-P hahaha

Archived