scenes with insteon and X10 devices

barrygordon

barrygordon

Insteon does not support X10 devices in a Scene. An ISY Program can be triggered by whatever device paddle/button is controlling the Scene and the Program can issue X10 commands. If the Scene is being turned On/Off by a device paddle/button and an ISY Program will issue the X10 commands, add a Wait 2-3 seconds before issuing the X10 commands. The Scene commands being issued by the device paddle/button press can interfere with the X10 commands if a Wait 2-3 seconds is not used.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I do have the X10 module installed.

I did find the relevant information.

The answer as I understand it is that a scene, an Insteon nuance, will not control an X10 module, but an ISY program will control X10 module(s) and Insteon module(s). I am pretty sure that the places where I will have X10 modules after I am finished converting my lighting to Insteon will only have X10 modules. E.g. All my outdoor lighting is controlled by X10 Relay modules (not switches, just receivers) along with some special indoor fixtures like picture lighting. I currently use X10 "multibutton transmitters" to control them. so I guess I will be able to use Insteon Keypads to do the same thing but using an ISY program as the Intermediary or a Homeseer program script as I do have the ISY plugin for homeseer also working

Thanks again for the replies.

Archived