Can Load LED be programmed?

djones1415

I really have a simple question: Can the LED indicator on a ToggleLinc Dimmer switch be programed to indicate (only temporarily) the opposite of what the load actual state is?

If there's an easy answer to that, the rest of this is post is unnecessary, so don't bother. But I'll include it in case the answer depends on what I'm doing...

I have programmed a ToggleLinc that carries the load to control two devices: 1) overhead lights, its load, automatically controlled of course, and 2) upon 2nd press a lamp.

There are two other switches that do exactly the same thing, and I have the programs that handle this setup just fine, except I can't get the LED on the load switch to indicate "on" (desired because the lamp is still on after the load goes off).

--------------------------------------------------------

4 programs:

**1: 2FL O1 Lamp OFF: if any of 3 switches that manage both the overhead lights and the lamp is switched off when the overhead lights are already off, the user wants to turn the lamp off: (In other words, the second press of the switch off talks to the lamp - turns the second device (lamp) off

If

Status 'Loads / 2Fl S2-2FL Overheads' is Off

And (

Control 'Loads / 2Fl S2-2FL Overheads' is switched Off

Or Control 'LEDs / 2FL S1-(2FL Overheads)' is switched Off

Or Control 'LEDs / 1FL S5-(2FL Overheads)' is switched Off

)

Then

Set Scene 'Single Devices (Scenes) / 2FL Hall Lamp' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

-------------------------------------------------------------

**2: 2FL O1 Lamp ON: if any of the three switches that manage the overhead lights and the lamp is switched ON when the overheads are already on, the user wants to turn the lamp on; in other words, the second press talks to the lamp - turns it on

If

Status 'Loads / 2Fl S2-2FL Overheads' is not Off

And (

Control 'Loads / 2Fl S2-2FL Overheads' is switched On

Or Control 'LEDs / 2FL S1-(2FL Overheads)' is switched On

Or Control 'LEDs / 1FL S5-(2FL Overheads)' is switched On

)

Then

Set Scene 'Single Devices (Scenes) / 2FL Hall Lamp' On

Else

---------------------------------------------------

**3: 2FL O1 Lamp Remains On: when any of the three switches that manage the overheads and the lamp is switched off when the overheads are on, the user wants to turn the overheads off (first press goes to the overheads). The overheads will go off without a program (the switches are all controllers) but the switch LEDs will also indicate OFF. This program catches that and runs a program that will adjust the LEDs if the lamp is on:

If

Status 'Loads / 2Fl S2-2FL Overheads' is not Off

And (

Control 'Loads / 2Fl S2-2FL Overheads' is switched Off

Or Control 'LEDs / 2FL S1-(2FL Overheads)' is switched Off

Or Control 'LEDs / 1FL S5-(2FL Overheads)' is switched Off

)

Then

Run Program 'OCO-2FL O1 Lamp Is On' (If)

Else

--------------------------------------------------------

**4: OCO-2FL O1 Lamp Is On: Check and see if the lamp is on; if so reset the switch LEDs to show something (the lamp) is still on:

If

Status 'Loads / 2FL O1-Lamp' is not Off

Then

Set 'LEDs / 1FL S5-(2FL Overheads)' On

Set 'LEDs / 2FL S1-(2FL Overheads)' On

Else

----------------------------------------------------------

It's the THEN of the 4th program that I would like another line to Set the LED for the Load switch to ON --- without switching the load on.

So, again, the simple question is this: is there a way to set the LED for a Load connected ToggleLinc Dimmer to indicate ON when the load is actually OFF?

Thanks.

Archived