Everything posted by JSchmidt
-
Changing the name of a variable from the default
Another issue with changing the default variable names: The change doesn't flow automatically through to the Amazon Echo data on the portal. It almost does, the portal has the new names but doesn't update the line that links the variables to Alexa names until you click on it. Then it updates without you having to actually enter anything. Almost but not quite, and again nothing in the WIKI saying you need to do this. You find out because Alexa seems to respond to your command but nothing happens.
-
eisy-local error opening program
OK, updated now and it works, but a mess getting there: The eisy.ui upgrade page showed the already installed versions as the "upgrade to" versions, seeming to indicate I already had the latest releases, But after the above message, I clicked on "Upgrade packages" And that's where the fun began! After a while it finished the upgrade and said a reboot was required. When the reboot completed, I went to sign in. It said my credentials were wrong, even though they still worked in the Java interface. While attempting to reenter the password, it said that the password length had to be 9 or more characters. The password I have used for years is 8 characters. So I clicked on "forgot password" again and entered a longer new password. It said it would email me a two-factor number to verify my identity. Despite several tries, it never sent the email with the number. I finally thought to directly log onto the web portal, which I was able to do with the old 8 character password. And after a bit of trial and error I got my new longer password entered, which now works with both the Java interface and eisy.ui. And yes the page with the programs opens correctly in the updated eisy.ui. But perhaps you need to let eisy.ui accept any password accepted by the portal, like my old 8 character password and then say you need to update your password, and either fix the two-factor ID or direct people to the portal URL to update the password. A rather frustrating evening!
-
eisy-local error opening program
6.0.4.1 which seems to be the latest one offered. Is 6.1.1 a beta?
-
eisy-local error opening program
Trying out eisy-local: Trying to open program, get error message TV Room Table Lamp Error loading variables (1) with all programs, they do use state variables. Programs open for editing just fine in the JAVA screen. The status displays correctly on eisy-local but I get the error message when I click on the program.
-
Changing the name of a variable from the default
Someone may have posted this before but it would be nice if the WIKI were updated to add the 'missing' step: After fighting for too long to try to change the default name of a variable to one that was humanly recognizable, I finally found what I had missed, not made clear in the WIKI! Open the appropriate variables page, in my case the state variables. Click on the line of the variable you want to name, it turns red. Click on the name box, which turns white, type what you want for a name (I still don't know must it start with a $ (yes I could have experimented) nor what the maximum length of the name is. But I changed the name in the box The instructions say you must save it, so I clicked on the "save" box on the bottom of the page. But when I closed it and reopened it, it hadn't saved it. Why, because of the missing, not instructed step: After changing it, you must click on the line again (turning the whole line red again) before saving it. Then it will be saved and appear with the new name where it is used. If the WIKI were amended to add that you have to click on the line again after changing the name before saving, it might save people like me from hours of frustration!
- How to trigger KASA scenes?
-
How to trigger KASA scenes?
Is there any hope for future support? Please consider this a feature request. Part of my KASA install (a small part of my overall installation, but growing, because the devices are inexpensive on Amazon) consists of five color bulbs on a ceiling track. All in the same room. I have KASA scenes to control color/brightness of all five together, currently via Alexa or the smart phone KASA app, but would like to have some UDI control. The control of the individual bulbs (and a couple of their plug-in outlets) you have provided works nicely. Thanks
-
How to trigger KASA scenes?
Oops, connected says true once I restarted the UDI box. But still no KASA scenes.
-
How to trigger KASA scenes?
They control 5 KASA lamps. I can see the lamps, but connected says false for eaach lamp, however I can pretty much control each lamp with the "color, hue, etc settings below and turn them individually on and off and see the status. But how to trigger previously saved KASA scenes from the KASA controller? The KASA controller says "connected" but nothing else is on the page.