Everything posted by scholarwarrior
-
Newbie Setup Help For Existing Insteon/X10
👍 I have the Insteon USB PLM 2413U
-
Newbie Setup Help For Existing Insteon/X10
Oh, ok, thanks on the X10, I'll try that. Setting aside the Smartlinc 1181 (whatever that is), I tried the "start linking" with the insteon 2477S and I pressed the "set" button as you say, but nothing showed up. I'll try again to be sure.
-
Newbie Setup Help For Existing Insteon/X10
I do have some insteon 2477s, and I was told by Insteon that the Insteon PLM supports X10 and I was told by UD that EISY supports X10. But thanks.
-
Newbie Setup Help For Existing Insteon/X10
I purchased the PLM from Insteon this week. I can get the date code if it's really necessary. The other switches might not be insteon. They say "Smartlinc SL1181" and have no ID on the outside other than "P/N 82-0244" so could be x-10 only. I have 17 of these, 6 of them in 3-way configuration, so it would be expensive and time consuming to replace. Plus I have another 10 old Leviton X10 switches. So replacement is not really something I want to undertake. Another issue is that the house has internal plaster walls with metal mesh behind and so each room is a Faraday cage and I'm concerned that wireless won't propagate, even in the low frequency ranges of Insteon. So I'd be reluctant to replace with anything that doesn't have a powerline component.
-
Newbie Setup Help For Existing Insteon/X10
I don't know how to "address" the X10 devices? What do I enter as an address? For the insteon I don't know the insteon address of the devices and they're installed. I don't want to remove and replace all.
-
Newbie Setup Help For Existing Insteon/X10
I have a setup with multiple insteon and x10 switches installed and working, along with an x10 WM100 wifi hub. I wanted more automation and was directed at EISY by Insteon. I have IoX 5.8.4 and a Insteon PLM. The PLM shows "71.1C.1 v9E / Connected" When i try Link Mgt / Start Linking it goes into a scan mode but detects nothing and nothing changes. This is true whether or not I press the set button on any of the Insteon switches. Most of my insteon devices are circa 2004, but I have a newer 2477s insteon switch and it is not recognized either. So how do I add the insteon devices to the EISY and how do I add X10 devices? Help!