Everything posted by PalChgo
-
Dimming Keypad Load
You forgot to mention whether you have advised all those living with you and guests about the limitations of that outlet and that you intend to remove the dimmer switch when you sell the house. My sisters house has an outlet controlled by a dimmer. It was this way when she bought it. I assume that it was installed by someone like you (and me)...someone who understood electrical systems and to not plug vacuum cleaners into such an outlet. Unfortunately, they did not remove it when they sold the house and now my sister must live with the additioinal risk, being unaware that this risk was there (until I told her). Not to worry its behind the bed and since I'm usually the only one that runs the vacuum anyway I would know better besides if I should decide to move I'm taking all my insteon devices and the ISY with me! I've been into a lot of homes were customers are trying to use the CFL bulbs that aren't supposed to dim in dimmers. Haven't seen any fires yet from it but a lot of bad dimmers.. I was able to get this program to work after Lee's suggestion about the direct non scene command. I did however get bit by the "wait" statement re-evaluating the "If" statement so I made a second program to actually call the dim up part of the original program..
-
Dimming Keypad Load
Hi Lee, I'll see about removing the scene and then try a direct command to make them dim. I am aware its a code violation but since I am an electrician I know better than to plug an electric blanket or a vacuum into it Some of my customers though aren't so smart, haha.
-
Dimming Keypad Load
I wrote a program that would brighten my bedroom table lamps early in the morning to get me up. I had been using a plug in dimming module and I also have a Keypad that would turn the lights on and off manually. Well I needed a new circuit this weekend because the Iron was tripping the circuit in the morning. I decided that while I had the devices all open I would eliminate the plug in module and just run a switchleg wire directly from my table lamp outlet to the Load wire on the KeyPad (Previously was not using its load wire). While it works at the keypad On/Off and also dimming, the program part no longer works. I changed the devices around in the program but now it seems to be "Writing" commands to the keypad when the program activates and not turning on the lights. Before I was dimming at the module, now I can't seem to figure out how to get the keypad to do the proper dimming. I tried the program a few different ways, adjusting the scene etc... but the lights just don't come up. Here's a copy of what I have right now. Any clues to help me figure this one out. If On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Time is 5:35:00AM And Status 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' is not On Then In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 10% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 15% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 20% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 25% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 30% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 35% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 40% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 45% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 50% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 55% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 60% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 65% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 70% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 75% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 80% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 85% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 90% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds In Scene 'Bedroom.1' Set 'Bedroom.1-Table Lamps' 95% (On Level) Wait 10 seconds Set Scene 'Bedroom.1' On Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')
-
Fast On Programming
Thanks Lee, I hadnt discovered that event viewer and some of the other clues will help. I think I was clicking them fast enough for a fast on to activate but I'll go back and modify the program and see what I come up with.
-
Fast On Programming
Hello, I'm new to the board and the insteon devices, but not new to the technology, or basic programming. I've played with the x10 stuff off and on for a long time, nice to find something more reliable. I am also an electrician so if someone should have an electrical question just give me a hollar. Now onto my queston, I just received my 994 the other day and what I am trying to do is create a timer like program for my switches. A regular click would turn on the lights and start the timer, and a double click (fast on) would allow me to override the timer and keep the lights on. My issue is whenever I try to test for the fast on key presses it just does not seem to recognize it in the programming. Most of the switches I have are the dimmers, with a few 8 pos keypads and also a few non dimming switch modules.. I've kinda managed a work around by testing for an "ON" condition Here's my example: If Status 'DINING ROOM' is On Then - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') Else Wait 10 minutes Set Scene 'Scene 4' Off The other oddity with this is when it does count down and shuts off the scene it looks like it very quickly loops back around and the program runs for an extra 10 minutes. Not sure if this is a bug or I am just missing something silly.. Any help or insight would be great..