Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PalChgo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PalChgo

  1. PalChgo replied to PalChgo's topic in eisy
    I will try that, which log is the most pertinent one that I should be looking at.
  2. PalChgo replied to PalChgo's topic in eisy
    Thanks for the response Guy, There are no insteon devices anymore. Everything is zwave. I have a very small handful of old zwave devices from many years ago, which would not be long range. I've been eliminated them as needed. I can only think of maybe 3 of these switches left. The majority of my stuff is Zooz Products. They seem to be more on top of it than some of the others as far as feature rich products. I even have a few relay modules for my fish tank.
  3. PalChgo posted a topic in eisy
    I have an issue that has been plaguing me for months and I have run out of ideas on how to approach this to try and solve the problem. I have a modest size condo single floor for the most part, about 1200 square feet, I have about 35 switches/dimmers, and probably 12 or so outlet plugins, dimmer outlets, a few shelly products and some others, homeseer hsm plugin etc. I also have about 8 battery motions, and several battery door sensors, and probably about 10 battery water sensors and 2 older kwikset locks. I started with an Eisy and am now on an eisy r2. A few of the switches are quite old and I have replaced the majority of them to newer models so I'm not inclined to think that is the issue. So what happens is at times things will become very delayed, specifically with the motion devices. You walk into the room which has a motion switch and it may take 10 seconds to come on sometimes even longer, other times it is so fast (which is what I want). I can see the motion pick me up but the program to turn on the light doesn't always trigger right away. I can walk through multiple rooms and they can all exhibit the same behavior, then all of the sudden its like the bottleneck is gone and they all turn on. I also have some zooz scene dimmers and even those buttons do not always activate immediately, other times it's perfect, so I am down to only 2 possible ideas. I have a signal/interference issue, or something behind the scenes in the eisy is taking up processing time, be it the OS of the box itself or something in eisy's programming. I have repeaters, I have tried healing the network many times, my eisy is in the center of the condo. There is no specific times that it tends to be slow its very random. I initially thought it was the battery motion sensors just not being strong enough so I swapped out key areas with the Zooz Zen12 motion dimmer. I have it change the parameter at night so it does not activate when the cats are milling around and in the morning I switch it back to activating (via a program) but alas I still have the same issue. I thought maybe my first eisy was not robust enough so I had a second eisy-r2 I was going to put at my office but instead decided to use it here to solve this problem. I backed up the eisy. Took the restore files and restored the new eisy-r2. I thought everything was great but once again the delays started occurring. I do love these new switches btw! ( As a side NOTE on the restore of the new eisy, after restore it would not recognize any of my zwave devices until I took the zwave/zmatter dongle off the old eisy and used it on the new one. So how would one restore all their devices if they had to replace the zwave dongle??? The backup is somehow tied specifically to that controller. The last thing I wanted to do was start from scratch and have to redetect each device and then rewrite all my programs which I have done previously over the years. ) So here I am not sure what my next step would be aside from starting from scratch. I've looked at the different logs and honestly they are so cryptic and hard to read that they are of little help. Just looking for some ideas as to what I should try next. I'm very close to starting all over but dreading that option, it will take months to get everything back the way I want it Just a little background, I am an electrician so installing devices is a snap. I am very familiar with UD products. I had a 994 pro many years ago and then when insteon was heading out and zwave was taking over I had switched out to homeseer,software and then later their version of the pi. Eventually I got fed up with their product when on 3 separate occasions the box wouldn't load up their interface and it was just wiped. I suspect it was something with writing their "events" (programs) and it would cause some sort of corruption so I switched back over to UD and the eisy. Each system has it strengths and weaknesses so I wouldn't pick one over the other. I am glad to see them switching out the java to a more web based system so you can edit this stuff almost anywhere.
  4. I have the kwikset locks also they are very finicky when trying to add them. I messed with them for a long time. It's been some time but if I recall I had to have it "unlocked" in order to get them added. Maybe that was the secret to getting them added maybe it wasn't. Glad you got them to work
  5. Hey hey, you got it! Thank you so much!! Now I can start playing with it.
  6. No, this is the first time I have tried using Nvremote and the Eisy for the Nvidia so this part is all new to me. I'm migrating off of Homeseer. I had a 994 back when Insteon was still around and I had switched out my controller and devices. I will turn on debugging next but might not get to revisit this till next weekend.
  7. So I found how to turn the developer option on in the Nvidia, I also rebooted the Nvidia just to be sure. I did not see any options in the developer tools for authorized users that you thought might be an issue. This is the first time I'm trying to use the nvidia in this way, anyhow I removed and reinstalled AVR, Clicked the add Nvidia in the config screen and inputted my ip address. When I look at the log I do see a connection refused, see below for a snippit. If it's refusing the connection it makes me think the port of 5555 is not right or its just not turned on in the Nvidia, Not sure if this is a good test but I also tried telnetting from the dos command prompt to the port and I was getting a connection refused.. Just one note I do keep getting a notification that version 2.07 I stop it, update and then restart it and it keeps going back to 2.015. Could this possibly be part of the issue? File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 678, in _sock_connect_cb File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 678, in _sock_connect_cb raise OSError(err, f'Connect call failed {address}') raise OSError(err, f'Connect call failed {address}') ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 61] Connect call failed ('10.0.0.189', 5555) ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 61] Connect call failed ('10.0.0.189', 5555) 2025-07-13 09:08:59.771 Command udi_interface ERROR remotedevice:execute_command: Error sending command to Inputs 2025-07-13 09:08:59.771 Command udi_interface ERROR remotedevice:execute_command: Error sending command to Inputs Traceback (most recent call last): Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b902713e_5/poly/remotedevice.py", line 75, in execute_command File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b902713e_5/poly/remotedevice.py", line 75, in execute_command self.device_driver.execute_command(self.prefix + command['cmd'] + self.suffix, command.get('value')) self.device_driver.execute_command(self.prefix + command['cmd'] + self.suffix, command.get('value')) File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b902713e_5/drivers/base_driver.py", line 112, in execute_command File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b902713e_5/drivers/base_driver.py", line 112, in execute_command result['output'] = self.send_command_raw(command_name, command, args) result['output'] = self.send_command_raw(command_name, command, args) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  8. That would make sense. I've never seen where I would set something like that in the nvidia. I'm searching for it now. I'll report back as to what I come up with.
  9. Hi, I'm trying to get my Nvidia shield installed on the eisy. I've installed AVremote and it added it to the admin console. I don't remember my sequence of events as I've been working on this off and on for a few days. In my device list nvidia, navigation, audio, etc,,, showed up along with all my other devices. But it shows that it is not online "False" I've seen the new options also listed in the avremote polyglot interface and I just messed around with different things to get this to work to no avail. I've tried uninstalling avremote and starting over a few times. So what I am asking for is a sequence of events on how to try and get it installed correctly, assuming I will start fresh by uninstalling AVremote and deleting the Nvidia and its counterparts in my device list on the eisy and rebooting it. I have my ip address of nvidia at 10.0.0.189. I can access that via my phone app with no problems. Thanks!
  10. PalChgo replied to PalChgo's topic in ZMatter
    Yeah I did put in new batteries and even went so far as to be a few feet from the eisy when I tried the linking. It's really strange that I can't get these items to link. I've turned on compatibility mode, security mode off, basically anything I could find in the eisy setup that maybe might make a difference. The only thing that makes these different than maybe some other devices is that they can be used as a controller, but going through the instructions I don't see any special instructions for linking when it's not used as a controller. I haven't given up just yet It could be something really simply stupid but it's escaping me what that is. I may reach out to support and see if they have any ideas, it certainly couldn't hurt.
  11. PalChgo replied to PalChgo's topic in ZMatter
    I have all devices cleaned up and responding as expected. I tried factory resetting and then linked them again but each time it's the same issue, but what's odd to me is both of them exhibit the exact same issue. But if I use a different hub (HS4) it does work as expected so could there be some sort of bug in eisy? Overall I am quite happy with the device, I used to have an isy994 many years ago so I am familiar with how it works. I did buy a few zooz dimmer keypads and the repeater so just waiting for that stuff to get here so I can swap a few older ones out that are switch only devices.
  12. PalChgo replied to PalChgo's topic in ZMatter
    Thanks for the info. My only guess is perhaps eisy is not picking up or interpreting something in the interview to create the items it needs. A may need UD's help on that as I know it works with other platforms. When adding those keypads I went as far as laying the device on top of the eisy All those other devices devices are battery only devices. I've queued them up to update but it hasn't occurred yet. I can't say I've had any real delays on stuff happening but I do want it to run smooth so I'll look at the sale, there might be something else I want
  13. PalChgo replied to PalChgo's topic in ZMatter
    There's almost nothing on the screen to really interact with. From my understanding this can be a controller and you can link other devices to it, or at least that's how I read the instructions but in homeseer I could always detect a button press or a hold down or a fast on etc. and was able to set an interaction based on that. I bought these a really long time ago but there is no support for them that I'm aware of. I do have a switch close to my tank and I'm thinking about putting a zooz zen32 switch in its place. That will at least allow me to get some special buttons back to use with my tank. I'm surprised no one has a good keypad only option for Zwave either AC power or a handheld like this one. Eaton made one and I had a few of those but there was always something lacking with them and I had a hard time to get them to work reliably. Thanks for that reminder on the backing up of Zwave devices, homeseer also had that same issue that you had to back up the zwave stuff separately and I got burned on a restore once and had to start from scratch. When doing a backup maybe they should have a popup to warn you to also back that up and have it included in the zip you download so you have the most current information for the restore. It was a real let down that the backup wasn't all there. It's literally an entire day pissed away having to relearn the devices and then fix the events/programs.
  14. PalChgo replied to PalChgo's topic in ZMatter
    Those are different devices, Not sure why they haven't finished with writing. I like that idea of moving the other stuff out of the main into another folder. It is way to crowded and hard to find stuff. I'm gonna keep plugging away on this, sooner or later I'll get these things working or find a different keypad option.
  15. PalChgo replied to PalChgo's topic in ZMatter
    Yes I am using the usb board that UD recommended. Everything is working fine so far. The 2 kwikset 916 locks took some work but I finally got through that. It only creates those 2 items at the bottom left. So all I can select in the events is like a battery query or a device responding. It should allow me to pick any of the 8 buttons dependiing on how I push the buttons but those options just don't show up. I have 2 of these and they both do the same thing. I've tried reinterviewing and switching compatibility mode.
  16. PalChgo replied to PalChgo's topic in ZMatter
    I'm using the Eisy 5.91. I just got this about a week ago and have almost everything working perfectly except those 2 remotes. They are kinda important to me to automate my fish tank stuff when I need to turn pumps and lights oon and off while I clean it.
  17. PalChgo posted a topic in ZMatter
    I've been migrating away from homeseer and have a few 8 button remotec scene controllers. When I add it in it shows up as a controller and an awake icon. There doesn't seem to be a way to detect the scenes when you push one of the buttons. I've tried redetecting it, interviewiing it, used compatibility mode etc, but I am just stuck and have run out of ideas how to get these things to work. Has anyone used these and can offer some insight on how to get them to work. Thanks
  18. Hi, I have a home in the western burbs and a small condo in the city. Each has an ISY, both running beta 5.0.2, both have access to the portal. I have an Echo and an echo dot at the house and I have Alexa working fairly well. I bought an echo dot for the condo. It took me hours to finally get things working but I have them working separately at both locations. What I have found is that you need at a minimum a primary amazon account and then create a secondary account on the original prime account using a different email address and password to log into amazon (You must deregister the new echo from the primary account and then set it up on your secondary amazon account). I then created a separate user on the portal under my main account and then linked the condo isy to the email address I used for the second amazon account on the portal. The trick I've found is in the profile it will come up and tell you that there is no isy listed in the sub account. You have to click on the link that sends you to amazon to login to the portal using your amazon account (which is the second one I setup). This was the hardest part to get to. There were times when the "link" just was not there for me to click to get to the amazon authentication link from the portal pages (remember to use the amazon secondary account email address and password). Once I finally was able to get the condo ISY registered as the primary ISY under the second user id, I was then able to get it working. Very confusing but it can be done. One other thing to note, you must remember to "switch accounts" on your second echo so you can control the isy at the second location and discover the devices or you'll be rediscovering the devices from the original location. I worked on this so long my explanation may be a bit off but just confirming it does indeed work with 1 amazon prime account and a sub account. Lastly I am on the version 2 of the isy skill in the Alexa app. Hope this helps anyone struggling with this.
  19. Hi Guys, Just been so busy lately haven't had a chance to follow the threads. I did get the event ghost working with some assistance. I have not gotten to clean up where the initial errors occur when it starts but it does not seem to affect the operation. Posted below is the file you need to put in the event plugin module.. eventghostforisy.zip
  20. If you can push the set button on the garage io linc and the door goes up and down its probably safe to say you wired that portion of the kit correctly.. Not sure why it would not communicate unless its not getting the signal back to the isy.. If you have an extra switch maybe try linking it manually with the iolinc to see what happens...
  21. I know there's a few others who were using Eventghost. As you saw Michel posted some changes that needed to be replaced in the isyevent file that you have to use with EG. Have any of you tried to get this working? I've tried doing a full cut and paste of the area that he has changed and the program really blows up and I can only guess its got something to do with CR/LF or a tabbing issue with the editor I am using. So I opened up the original file and have gone through line by line doing a cut in paste where necessary and it still does not seem to be working for me. It doesn't blow up like it did when I cut and paste the entire section that Michel posted before but it does close down the connection with this error. 17:41:34 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\ISY\__init__.py", line 432, in GetNodesConfig 17:41:34 if (xadd not in eg.globals.excludedinsteondevices): 17:41:34 AttributeError: 'Bunch' object has no attribute 'excludedinsteondevices' 17:41:34 Insteon.Authenticated '192.168.1.253:80' 17:41:34 Insteon.Set Log Level to 1 '192.168.1.253:80' 17:41:34 Main.OnInit 17:41:44 Insteon.Subscription-Closed '192.168.1.253:80' I've spent hours just trying to make this work and have become obsessed with making this work again.. Anyone else figured this out. I'll post what I have edited in case some of you don't have it... __init__.zip
  22. Hi Michel, Ok I tried doing a cut and paste into the file and all sorts of issues trying it that way so I went through the original and the parts you posted. I think you had only changed one line self.push("POST /services HTTP/1.1\r\n") Can you confirm that as true.. I was able to just edit the file and make that one change. When it runs I can see it open up the dialog for a split second and then it closes the connection. The eventghost comes up with the following (Note the first three Lines are the error lines): 20:47:55 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\ISY\__init__.py", line 436, in GetNodesConfig 20:47:55 if (xadd not in eg.globals.excludedinsteondevices): 20:47:55 AttributeError: 'Bunch' object has no attribute 'excludedinsteondevices' 20:47:55 Insteon.Authenticated '192.168.1.253:80' 20:47:55 Insteon.Set Log Level to 1 '192.168.1.253:80' 20:47:55 Main.OnInit 20:47:55 Insteon.Subscription-Closed '192.168.1.253:80' Just an fyi I do not have the networking module. I'm gonna play with this a little more and look at this globabls.exclude line. Maybe something needs to be added there.. Let me know if you have any more clues. Thanks!
  23. Thanks Michel, I will try and check this out today or tomorrow. Hopefully it solves the problem and also fixes the other guys that have reported an issue.
  24. Hi Michel, I opened up the ISYEvent.zip file and its kinda like a configuration file and some call outs to the ISY. You guys may have more luck than me at figuring out how to fix it. ISYevent.zip
  25. I was beginning to mess around with the eventghost and can confirm it works with 3.3.10 and not the latest beta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.