isy99i not correctly changing LED levels in 2487S keypads

tlesage

I recently installed 4 2487S dual-band keypads in my basement to act as controllers of my lighting system. Have a total of 6 scenes, including All On, All Off, and 4 others light levels assigned to the middle 4 buttons. I have the LEDs all grouped together so that they all change when one pad is pushed to indicate which scene is being viewed, and that is all working properly. I am trying to adjust the LED levels though and not having much luck there. I use an isy99i ir pro, and a dual band PLM (2413S). When I pull up the keypads in the administrative console there is a tab on the bottom right labeled 'LED Brightness'. When I open this there is a window where you can adjust the off level from 1 to 7, as well as the on level from 1 to 15. When I use it however adjusting the off level actually adjusts the on level, and adjusting the off level doesn't do anything. The change I am trying to make is adjusting the off level brighter so the buttons can be better seen and read in the dark, and then making the on level brighter than that. Anyone have any luck adjusting the off level of the LEDs, or is this not possible.

The LED Backlight level is evolving from the Off/On setting to a % On Level. The LED Backlight level on devices that use Off/On settings are not independent numbers. The KeypadLinc always maintains a visual difference between Off and On that is equivalent to a numeric 8 differential between Off/On values. Thus the 7/15 max values.

It is likely the KeypadLinc in question is using a % On Level which the Admin Console does not yet support. Suggest coding a dummy Program with an Action statement that sets the LED Backlight level to a % value.

Then

Set 'KPL Relay DB v40' 80% (Backlight Level)

Right click the Program name and select Run Then

Could you be more specific on exactly how to set up a dummy program to connect with the insteon switch. I am only familiar with Houselink program and the isy device. I am not exactly sure how to go about giving a command via a different program.

Click Programs | Detail tab, at the bottom left click New Program. In the lower right section "Add to Program" click Action button, select Insteon in left input field. Select the KeypadLinc Primary node name in the middle input field, select a % BackLight level in the right input field. Click Add to Then button, click Save Changes button in bottom left section. Right click the New Program name, select Run Then to run the statement just added to the new Program.

The Backlight value can be changed by clicking the statement in the Then clause, change the % level and click Update, Save Changes, and Run Then again.

• 3 weeks later...

Since upgrading to 3.3.10 I have lost complete control of all my LED brightness levels on all Insteon products. Adjusting the values from a program now turns on the connected device at a dimmed level, or on for devices w/o dimming. Adjusting the LED brightness from the admin console has no impact on the level. ISY 99i (1020) just upgraded from 3.2.6

Very frustrating to come home to a house with everything on!

Since upgrading to 3.3.10 I have lost complete control of all my LED brightness levels on all Insteon products. Adjusting the values from a program now turns on the connected device at a dimmed level, or on for devices w/o dimming. Adjusting the LED brightness from the admin console has no impact on the level. ISY 99i (1020) just upgraded from 3.2.6

Very frustrating to come home to a house with everything on!

For each device that you are having problems with, right click the device in the admin console and select Diagnostics / Query Insteon Engine. Once complete, try changing brightness levels again. Make sure you pick a different level than your previous test as the ISY remembers what the level should be at and wont send a change unless it differs from what it thinks the level is currently.

-Xathros

• 1 month later...

Archived