low voltage light controller

badman85283

I have several low voltage lights in the yard that are powered from a transformer. They are in different places and groups and I want to control them independently. There are about 6 groups of lights and each group has at least one or two 12 gauge wires. I have a ISY99i and would like to get a controller device for these low voltage lights.

I have several low voltage lights in the yard that are powered from a transformer. They are in different places and groups and I want to control them independently. There are about 6 groups of lights and each group has at least one or two 12 gauge wires. I have a ISY99i and would like to get a controller device for these low voltage lights.

Dimmable or just On/Off? If just On/Off then you could run a web relay like:

http://www.digital-loggers.com/din.html

I use one of these to power cycle my network equipment when needed, in conjunction with the ISY to simulate a thermostat for my pellet stove and soon to operate a couple of water valves for emergency shutoff. I use Network resources in the ISY to turn on/off the various relays.

-Xathros

• 2 weeks later...

TedK-

With 12Ga wires, they may be pulling more current than the little IOLinc relay is rated for. Hard to say without knowing more about the setup. Also pretty sure it would be difficult to stuff a 12Ga wire into one of the IOlinc terminals.

-Xathros

• 1 year later...

Archived