2487S Keypad communication issues

In my lower level I have 4 dualband Keypads (2487S), as well as 10 Dual band switches (8 are dimmers, and 2 are relays). I have them all linked together using the keypads as the switches and all of the buttons are different light scenes. I use the isy994i irpro to program. All of the switches are working well together and functioning without problem, however I am trying to modify the program and I keep getting errors telling me that it cannot communicate with any of the keypads. What is interesting though is that if I query the keypad it recognizes it, and if I turn it on or off locally the isy is able to tell if it is on or off. This all started when I tried to add an IR receiver (2411R) to the system to use a remote to turn the light scenes on and off. The isy has no problem recognizing it and I was able to add all of the IR codes I wanted to that, however now the keypads have the little green bar to the left of them indicating they are waiting to be written to, and whenever it tries to write to them it says that it cannot communicate with the keypads. Any thoughts?

Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3. Right click on one of the KeypadLinc Primary nodes that has pending updates, select Write Updates to Device. Post the event trace.

Sounds like a communication problem has developed on the circuit(s) containing the KeypadLincs. Scene updates can take many dozens of commands to complete the updates. A communication problem that blocks any one of these commands prevents the update from completing. It is common to have a single On/Off/Query command function and not be able to complete dozens of commands back to back.

The event trace will show where the updates stopped and what communication looked like to that point.

Could temporarily unplug the 2411R to see if that has any impact on communication with the KeypadLincs.

Archived