Open/Close Sensor(2843-222) - Heartbeat/Battery Failure?

bh56

I see that UD, just implemented the heartbeat for the Leak Sensors. I'm wondering if the Open/Close Sensors have the same capability to warn you if your batteries are dead. They seem like similar design. I'm assuming if UD, didn't include it's because it is currently not available for the Open/Close sensors?

Could you please confirm or indicate if this may be possible down the road.

The Open/Close Sensor (TriggerLinc) does not have a heartbeat or low battery indication. The usage of a Leak Sensor is very different from how an Open/Close Sensor is used. The Leak Sensor could sit for years without sensing water. It is important to know if the Insteon Mesh network RF aspect is working and the battery in the Leak Sensor is good.

The Open/Close Sensor may turn On/Off lighting, signal some other condition that will be more or less obvious if it stops working.

Not likely SmartLabs would implement a heartbeat or low battery indication in the future but that is a question for the manufacturer.

Thanks for the quick reply. I see you point related to this. I may have to re-think how I'm using these. I'm using it as a way to notify me if an typically unused door is used. Sort of like an alarm. So my concern is, if I'm relying that it will alert me if someone opens the door and the battery went dead, then I cannot relay for this to be a reliable alerting mechanism.

Archived