Motion Sensor sensitivity

Techman

Is there a way to remotely adjust the detection sensitivity (2842-222 v.41)? The unit is installed outside and I'm getting phantom triggers due to temperature changes.

If not, can the senistivity still be adjusted locally if the pin 5 jumper (remote management) is set to on or do I have to remove the pin 5 jumper and leave it off in order to reduce the detection range by placing a jumper on pin 1?

Sensitivity cannot be adjusted programmatically. I believe the sensitivity jumper is independent of Jumper 5. In other words the sensitivity should be reduced when Jumper 1 is installed regardless of whether Jumper 5 is in place or not. Be sure to follow the instructions regarding Set button tap and 10 second Wait before generating motion detection.

I have found it better to adjust the field of view of the motion sensor rather than reducing the sensitivity. Provide some feedback on reducing sensitivity.

I have not played with sensitivity for a few years but from what I remember it was a noticeable reduction inside in a controlled environment. Be sure to follow the user guide instructions about tapping Set button and waiting 10 seconds. As I remember just putting jumper 1 in place did not change the sensitivity.

Archived