PowerLinc 2413S - KeyLinc Contol

pjjameso

Im using a computer interface to control lights and scenes with a PowerLinc 2413S. I can get it to work when i address a unit directly eg office lights, 02 62 1A 82 5E 05 11 FF. I cant for the life of me figure out how to address a 6 button KeyLinc pad for 1, A, B, C, D etc. Any thoughts?

Trying to get ISY to recognize a hex string which when sent from the computer will execute a program which controls a scene.

"I cant for the life of me figure out how to address a 6 button KeyLinc pad for 1, A, B, C, D etc. Any thoughts?"

Buttons A,B,C,D cannot be controlled with direct commands.

How is the ISY involved in this? There is no hex command interface thru the ISY.

I currently have a scene which dims lights. I have a ISY program which when the A button is pushed executes the scene. What i would like to be able to do is execute the ISY program via the computer by sending the correct hex codes.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish?

Okay, Im puzzled about how the ISY is able to turn off the keypadlinc buttons via a scene via the 2413S but I am unable to do the same via a hex command.

How does the ISY accomplish this feat? If i use the web based interface and turn on the scene for the A button the scene correctly turns off the B button. There must be commands for the 2413S to do this, yes/no?

Im using a computer interface to control lights and scenes with a PowerLinc 2413S. I can get it to work when i address a unit directly eg office lights, 02 62 1A 82 5E 05 11 FF. I cant for the life of me figure out how to address a 6 button KeyLinc pad for 1, A, B, C, D etc. Any thoughts?

Trying to get ISY to recognize a hex string which when sent from the computer will execute a program which controls a scene.

What are you hoping to accomplish with computer control that you cannot do via the isy's own programming and ability to interact with the insteon network itself?

pjjameso

Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3. It will show the commands being executed. The secondary KPL buttons are managed with a Scene as Direct commands cannot control secondary KPL buttons as a mentioned before. It sounds like you are not familiar with Insteon protocol. If you are trying to write an application that is interfacing directly with a PLM and devices there is much you need to learn. I suggest obtaining a Developer subscription from SmartLabs. It will give you access to the confidential information that is need to write an application.

What are you hoping to accomplish with computer control that you cannot do via the isy's own programming and ability to interact with the insteon network itself?

I have a Pronto RFX9600 remote which has a serial outputs. I use the remote to control my home theater (tv, receiver,dvd, etc), so what i would like is to have two scene buttons on the remote, one to dim the lights, the other to brighten during intermission. I can do this directly using the hex code for each unit, but would rather use a scene which controls all at once and is working on the keypadlinc.

Either you will have to disconnect the PLM from the ISY to send hex commands through it or use a second PLM. Scenes will be an issue if using a second PLM because Scene (Group) numbers are unique to the ISY PLM. A second PLM will not have the link records to support the ISY Scenes, the devices will not have matching responder links with the second PLM Insteon address and I2CS device will not be authorized to receive control commands from the second PLM.

If the ISY PLM is disconnected the device status changes that occur while the ISY PLM is disconnected will be lost so the ISY will be out of sync with some of the devices.

I have two 2413S one connected to the ISY the other to my remote.

Here are the two logs from the event viewer, one generated from the KeyPadLinc the other from the Web interface.

Web

Sat 06/15/2013 01:33:01 PM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 00 00 2E CF 11 00

Sat 06/15/2013 01:33:01 PM : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 00.00.2E CF 11 00 06 LTONRR (00)

Sat 06/15/2013 01:33:01 PM : [ 1E FB B 1] ST 76

KeyPad Linc

Sat 06/15/2013 01:27:30 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 20.4D.95 00.00.03 C7 11 00 LTONRR (00)

Sat 06/15/2013 01:27:30 PM : [std-Group ] 20.4D.95-->Group=3, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=1

Sat 06/15/2013 01:27:30 PM : [ 20 4D 95 3] DON 0

Sat 06/15/2013 01:27:31 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 20.4D.95 11.00.03 C7 06 00 (00)

Sat 06/15/2013 01:27:31 PM : [std-Group ] 20.4D.95-->11.00.03, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=1

Sat 06/15/2013 01:27:31 PM : [iNST-INFO ] Previous message ignored.

Sat 06/15/2013 01:27:31 PM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 00 00 2E CF 11 00

Sat 06/15/2013 01:27:31 PM : [ 20 4D 95 3] ST 255

Sat 06/15/2013 01:27:31 PM : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 00.00.2E CF 11 00 06 LTONRR (00)

Sat 06/15/2013 01:27:31 PM : [ 1E FB B 1] ST 76

Either you will have to disconnect the PLM from the ISY to send hex commands through it or use a second PLM. Scenes will be an issue if using a second PLM because Scene (Group) numbers are unique to the ISY PLM. A second PLM will not have the link records to support the ISY Scenes, the devices will not have matching responder links with the second PLM Insteon address and I2CS device will not be authorized to receive control commands from the second PLM.

If the ISY PLM is disconnected the device status changes that occur while the ISY PLM is disconnected will be lost so the ISY will be out of sync with some of the devices.

Ok, that sort of makes sense to me.... anyway to get the link records in sync between the two 2413S or is that info stored only in the ISY? Seems strange that I can get all other devices to communicate directly with my remote with the unique address but even though the KeyPadLinc has a unique address eg 00.00.00.3 cant address it directly. But the ISY appears to be able to, very strange

Web

Sat 06/15/2013 01:33:01 PM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 00 00 2E CF 11 00

Read one of my previous posts. The second PLM will not have the link records to support Scene (Group) 2E. The devices will not have the required responder link records for this Scene with the second PLM Insteon address. If using any I2CS devices the second PLM will not be authorized to control the I2CS devices.

The ISY CANNOT directly control a Secondary KPL button. It has to be done through a Scene. I you study the hex string you are using to directly control a device you will see that it does not have any field for the Group number that is associated with every KPL button A=3, B=4, C=5, D=6. That is why the ISY CANNOT directly control a Secondary KPL button and why you CANNOT control a Secondary KPL button.

With all due respect, without the most basic Insteon details knowledge you are really working in the dark.

EDIT: 00.00.00.3 IS NOT the KPL Insteon address. 00.00.03 is the Group number of the button that was pressed. Standard KPL stuff. Every KPL has the same number for the same button. It is not unique to the KPL. There is no place to put that number (00.00.03) in an Insteon direct command. Again, which is why the ISY CANNOT directly control a KPL Secondary button and your second PLM CANNOT directly control a Secondary KPL button.

I really suggest you get a developers subscription. We can go through ever detail one at a time this way but you have a hard time believing what is absolute fact, a Secondary KPL button CANNOT be controlled directly by the ISY nor the second PLM. There are many much more subtle details that you will have to take on faith.

Ok, appreciate the info and guidance. Looks like i will just need to build the scene in my remote and transmit the commands for each device. Just means dual maintenance for the scenes, once for the isy and once for the remote.

Thanks again for your help. Looks like i have some summer reading to do to use TCPIP from my remote to the ISY. Was just hoping for a quick and dirty rs232 comm method.

Or how about with the remote, using the Ir capabilites of the ISY994ir/pro unit and have it control the scene when it sees the IR?

On a totally different direction, I've successfully deciphered enough of Jeffrey's excellent perl module for the ISY that I can have two way communications from my Pi to the ISY. No reason you could not interface your pronto serial to the Pi and have it update variables on the ISY to trigger your scenes and such as another angle.

Alan

Archived