keypad linc

diggler

I wanna define "B" button on front door keypadlinc.

When button is depressed and lit, time is 8:30 pm turn on dining room and backroom ceiling light. This is how I have it setup

If status 13.83.0d.b is 100%

and time is 8:30 pm

then

set backroom ceiling light on

set dining room ceiling light on

is this correct

thx drew

This looks about right to me. Does it work?

If your keypadlinc is a dimmer version, I wonder whether there might be complications if less than fully ON (100%). I forget whether secondary buttons can have a status of something other than OFF or ON, but this would be easy enough to check, if you are so inclined.

derw-

Correct depends on a clearer definition of exactly what you want to accomplish.

That will do what you stated but if at 8:31 you were to turn on button B, only the button would light because it is no longer 8:30. The only time this will work is when the B button is already on when the time becomes 8:30.

A more common scenario might be:

If 

Time is from 8:30pm 
   to 10:30pm same day
  and
  Status KPL-B is on

Then
  Set backroom light On
  Set dining room ceiling light on

This way you can turn on those lights during the time window if needed rather than just at 8:30 if the button is already on.

Again, it really depends on what you want to accomplish.

oberkc-

I believe that only the primary node on a KPL dimmer can have a status of >0% & <100% while the secondary nodes are all either On or Off.

-Xathros

I believe that only the primary node on a KPL dimmer can have a status of >0% & <100% while the secondary nodes are all either On or Off.

That is what I suspected but was not sufficiently confident to suggest it. If so, I then wonder if there is a difference between "Status 13.83.0d.b is on" and "status 13.83.0d.b is 100%". That is the only thing that caught my attention. I suspect there is no difference. I also suspect that it may not even be possible to select a "100%" (versus "ON") status on a secondary button.

Otherwise, I expect the program to do exactly what he said he stated he wanted (which may or may not be what he really wanted).

Copy to Clipboard/Paste the actual Program. Make sure there are no changes pending Save for the Program and make sure the Admin Console shows button B On before the trigger time arrives. Also make sure the Program is not in a Folder with a False condition. .

On a side note, i have a pool filter setup to a appliance linc. If I write the program to read

if

status 'pool filter' is on

or

from 10 am to 10:05 pm same day

then

set 13.84.44.c on 15/0ff 7 (backlight level)

will that turn on the "C" button ???????

The "C" button is linked to control the appliancelinc

No. Secondary KeypadLinc button LEDs cannot be controlled with Direct commands. The Direct On/Off command does not have a field to identify which KPL button should be controlled. Define an ISY Scene with KPL button C as Responder. Turn the ISY Scene Off (or On) to turn button C LED Off/On.

but will the "C" button be able to control the on and off for the pump

Your program will do nothing to enable the C button to control the pump. Perhaps it would be best to describe what it is you want the program to do.

If an ISY Scene has been defined with KPL button C as Controller and the ApplianceLinc as a Responder. Turning the KPL button LED On/Off with a Scene that has the KPL button C as a Responder does not affect the ApplianceLinc even though button C may be a Controller of the ApplianceLinc. Insteon does not chain or cascade Scenes.

If the Program should be turning On the button LED and turning On the ApplianceLinc at the same time, turn the ISY Scene On that has the KPL button as Controller and ApplianceLinc as Responder. The KPL button acts as both a Controller and Responder.

You should explain how the ApplianceLinc is turned On to begin with. The ApplianceLinc is a Responder Only device. Turning it On/Off locally does NOT result in that Status change being reported back to the ISY because the ApplianceLinc is a Responder Only device. It has no capability of reporting Status/State changes that occur locally.

I have a scene Pool filter on

keypadlinc "C" is controller to appliance linc

have another scene Pool Filter Keypad lighting.

Kepyad "C" is the responder and goes on and off when the program scene runs

what I wanna do is run the program to turn on and off 3 different times a day 7 days a week.

This part works great and the "C" button shows status

I also wanna be able to press the "C" button to turn it on or off.

I think its configured right

If the objective is have the Program turn the KPL button On/Off every time the Program turns the ApplianceLinc On/Off the Program should be turning the Scene On/Off that has the KPL button as Controller and ApplianceLinc as Responder. There is no need for the Scene I suggested that has the KPL button as a Responder IF the Program should be controlling both the KPL button and ApplianceLinc at the same time.

what I wanna do is run the program to turn on and off 3 different times a day 7 days a week.

This part works great and the "C" button shows status

I think its configured right

I have been staring at that first statement and I must admit that I am still confused. But...If you think you have it doing what you want, then I am happy.

Archived