ISY99i Backlight Level Information

mikebanes

I am using the ISY99i to help control/display lighting status in the house. For example, if I turn on my kitchen lights, I want my 3 Keypad Linc (2486) C switch to indicate status (on/off). I want to also control the kitchen lights from these locations (button C). I was able to set this up manually, linking the devices.

Using a Program, I can get the ISY99i to turn the kitchen lights on/off with button C say using Keypad Link #2, but I cannot figure out how to get the other 2 Keypad Link button C's to indicate current status (on/off as appropriate).

So, I am attempting to set up the program such that when I turn button C on/off, the backlight is to change on the corresponding C buttons. However, once the program line is entered, and tested, the backlights do not respond as programmed.

For example:

IF - Status Master Bedroom Switch 8 / 17.A3.4D.C' is On

THEN - Set 'Living Room Switch 8 / 16.E5.90.C' On 15 / Off 7 Backlight Level)

As I press the Master Bedroom C button ON, the Master Bedroom button C illuminates, yet the Living Room button C does not.

Perhaps I am using this incorrectly?

The Backlight level adjusts ALL the KPL buttons backlight level. It is not used to turn an individual KPL button LED On/Off.

Secondary KPL buttons cannot be controlled with Direct commands. Direct commands have no means of indicating which KPL button to control. Define an ISY Scene with the KPL C buttons as Responders. The Program turns the Scene On/Off to turn KPL C buttons On/Off

A simpler approach is to use an ISY Scene without a Program. Define the ISY Scene with the SwitchLinc and the KPL C buttons as Controllers. The SwitchLinc and the KPL C buttons will turn the load On/Off and the KPL C buttons will stay in sync with the SwitchLinc.

EDIT: if it can be done with Set button links (which must not be done while using an ISY) it can be done with ISY Scene(s).

Archived