How to read the Status indicator in upper right

AutomationNut

Well that is pretty smart, I never figured out the difference in the letters.

Green means it's THINKS it's got a subscription to the ISY. Red means it does not have a subscription to the isy and your commands are not going to work until it does have a subscription to the ISY.

The little spinning circle is either it's busy, or it's talking to the isy or waiting on the isy, never quite figured that out.

I can voice experience that is your connection is a weak, good luck. I ended up using the widget for the garage door as I think it just sends a rest command over whatever network is up.

My wifi is weak in front of the house (all metal siding), but I can normally pull out my phone at the back of the car, and have the garage door opening via the widget before I can walk to it from 15' away to use the keypad on the wall.

Alan

Using the widget also gets me a green spinning circle & depending on how good my phone's coverage is it can spin for quite some time or end up with a red circle which means that the command did not get executed.

I believe that a Mobilinc widget does not just issue a REST command. I recently started using tasker to issue REST commands and I setup a couple of widgets to run those tasks and it works much faster than moblinc's widgets, especially in areas with weak network coverage. It makes a lot of sense to me, since mobilinc opens up a 2 way communication with the ISY while with REST commans the http request is just sent & thats it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hi folks,

You got it. Here's the official breakdown of the status indicator:

Red = Not connected or failed to connect to the ISY.

Green = Connected to ISY.

Spinning indicator = Waiting for a response from the ISY (network activity).

S = Secure IP is being used.

L = Local IP is being used.

Widget commands are mostly REST, but there is additional work being performed to determine which IP MobiLinc should use to send out the command. If you are away, MobiLinc will auto-detect and send the command over the secure IP (which uses an HTTPS connection and could explain the longer delay than just a straight shot HTTP REST call to a fixed IP address).

Wes

Archived