Notifications not working

My notifications have stopped working today. I have four different notifications, of which I know three were working earlier today. They were a text notification with Verizon, a text notification with TMobile, and an email notification with gmail.

I also have an email notification with Ameritech.net, but I cannot be sure it was working today, and I am puzzled because I think it worked, but there is no separate SMPT settings table for it, so those messages would have to be going to the same server - the one in my table. Is that possible?

When I try a test message with each of these, I get a response "MAIL SERVER FAILURE Data timed out" response from all four.

I have internet service and I have not changed the settings in months. I have rebooted the ISY and reopened my administrative counsel. What should I try next?

My settings are SMTP server: SMTP.gmail.com, userID: thepatentshepherd@gmail.com, my password, SMTP port 587, Timeout 1000ms, and TLS selected.

Do all texts and emails pass through the one server specified in my SMTP table? If so, then it is possible that the server has cut me off because I generated a lot of messages today.

Regards,

Jim Lamb

You can log into your gmail account on the web and see if it will let you send a message from there. If so, then your Gmail is OK. They do flood prevention but I believe that resets automatically after an hour or two of no messages sent from the offending IP address.

I use Gmail for my ISY's SMTP as well. I have my timeout set at 5000 ms but otherwise my settings match yours.

Do make sure that neither the Subject or Body of your notification evaluate to a blank as the messages will not send if either is blank.

-Xathros

Archived