Failure in communications between an ISY 994i & RemoteLinc

Every time I open the Admin Console, I get this error message. As far as I know, the #2440 is one way communication only. I do not know if links can be written to the device, which means 1101 indicators cannot be removed either. I don't know if this is related to one of the known bugs in 4.0.5 with RemoteLincs I've read in some posts

• 2 months later...

OK I just installed my ISY994iIR Pro and am having the exact same issue!

I have updated Java. I am running on a 64 Win 7 OS, however with a 32 Browser - Google Chrome.

Soon as I start the Java App I get an Error Window that pops up with a BIG Red X that says "Discovering Nodes; Retry!

Right after that I get the Linking Window that opens and says "Please do not power off/unplug the system or make any adjustments to linked/attached devices." The status bar goes from 0% to 100%, the window closes and the pops right back up and starts all over again.

I will now close this and try it from Microsoft's 32 bit IE and then their 64 bit IE.

I am concerned that this tread was las updated in MAY and its now DECEMBER and NO resolution has been posted...

PLEASE HELP... Thanks

Rich

NO luck... I could not get this to stop happening....

Will now try a factory reset since I only tried to add one device so far.

-----

OK did so and I'm watching a video online on how to add devices. I am trying to use the "Add Insteon Device" mode where I type in the address and give the device a name. I noted on the video that almost right away an "Initializing System" window pops up with the same exact message "Please do not power off...." and under the message you can see status as the device is being added.

This does NOT happen with my SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer. The very bottom left of the Java App says "System Busy" and nothing happens. I tried to close and restart quickly and the login window as well as a number of Error windows all open up white with no content. I closed the app and decided to update this message... Now tried opening app again and it shows my device.

This has not been a smooth and painless process. Will now try and add another SwitchLink V2 Relay vs the dimmer.

----------------

I typed in the address and the name, hit OK/Save and the window disappears and nothing pops up. The status bottom left says "Ready" and the new Relay Switch does NOT show on the list?

Will now try closing the app and restarting it...

Did this and now it shows the second device.

----------------

Why no "Initializing System" window that shows the status of the add and then why no auto refresh of the app to show the new device? Why do I have to restart the Java App?

System reports

Firmware & UI: Insteon_UD994 v4.0.5 (2013-05-24-15:26:20)

Product ISY 994i/IR PRO (1110) - OpenADR (21010)

--------------

THE ISSUE TALKED ABOUT IN THIS THREAD IS GONE!

It seems that a Hard Factory Reset took care of it...

HOWEVER... I may know the cause and it may be due to my new issue I have been talking about above. So here is the story...

Happy new owner of the system. Tried to add my first device... NO feedback that anything was happening so I tried over and over to add the same device... I donlt know how many time I tried, one right after the other since NO feedback was given that it was actually trying to add the device... Finally I closed the app and restarted it. I could see the one item added, however, the issue described in this tread started to happen.

-------------

CAUSE - The experts would have to say for certain, but it seems I bombarded the system with too many too quick request to add the same device...

-----------

I am not getting ANY interim status windows from the JAVA App. as I just followed the directions to add a Motion Sensor and NEVER got the "Conform" window with the directions to place my motion sensor in communications mode. TIME TO HUNT DOWN ANOTHER THREAD...

This original problem was solved "Thanks LeeG. Your instructions were spot on."

The message being reported "Discovering Nodes; Retry!" indicates a Start Linking was started but the popup window for Start Linking did not display. This means that the ISY cannot be told to complete the Start Linking process.

What Anti Virus is being used?

This is often the result of AV blocking the push of data from the ISY to the Admin Console.

Thanks again. I did open up another thread on this Admin Console issue so I'll post info there.

Will edit this shortly with link to that thread should someone end up here.

Kaspersky PURE is on the system.

I'll try disabling all protection and see what happens.

Check this thread for more info and follow up:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12966

Archived