LampLink not recognized from one particular outlet

rgn2000

Hey guys, I have an interesting thing. I have a lamplink that cannot be recognized by the isy99i. It has the red exclamation point in it. If I move it to other outlets it works fine, but I see kind of a backwards C on it instead of the exclamation point.

The first thought would be that the phases aren't bridged, but they are since I have approximately 10 or so devices and I know it's bridged based on what I went through when I set the system up a couple of years ago.

Any ideas as to what it could be.

You probably have power line issues with the problem outlet.

What else is on that circuit?

Is the LampLinc the older 2456D or the newer 2457D2 Dual Band?

Is the PLM for the ISY99i on the same circuit as the computing equipment?

The type is 2456D3, I have a bunch of stuff on the same circuit since it's my main family room...home theater, etc. But I already have a Lamplink being used in that room, plus I have tried it in different outlets in the same room as well as other rooms in the house.

Not sure if the PLM is on the same circuit, but the fact that the Lamplink works on other outlets in that room, shouldn't make a difference.

If it is power line issues, would replacing the outlet do anything?

Keep in mind that not all outlets in a room are necessarily on the same circuit. It could be the one outlet where it doesn't work is on th opposite phase from the PLM or on a noisy circuit. What else is on the failing outlet? Try unplugging the other items and see if it works, if so, then the other items should be put on a Filterlinc.

-Xathros

Keep in mind that not all outlets in a room are necessarily on the same circuit. It could be the one outlet where it doesn't work is on th opposite phase from the PLM or on a noisy circuit. What else is on the failing outlet? Try unplugging the other items and see if it works, if so, then the other items should be put on a Filterlinc.

-Xathros

I just looked up my circuits and it just so happens the outlet in question is on the same circuit as the PLM. There are actually two rooms on the circuit and I do have a lot of stuff plugged in, but I never have an issue with tripping the breaker or anything like that. I don't get it.

Its not a matter of having too much draw on the circuit, more a matter of those other devices causing line noise and interfering with communications. Try unplugging things till it works.

-Xathros

-Xathros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing you can check also is if the outlet is properly wired. Maybe it's live and neutral are reversed? There are some outlet testers on the market that allow you to determine this just by plugging it in. They are not really expensive and can be found in hardware stores. Maybe worth checking for that?

If you are referring to the Green arrow to the left of the node that is "1011" (or something near that) which means there are updates pending for the device that could not be written, usually because of comm errors.

The normal response is to right click the node and select Write Updates to Device.

All the home improvement stores in the area as well as many of the hardware stores sell a simple tester. It plugs in, about as large as a two to three prong adapter, has three lights/LEDs. The pattern of the lights indicates if line and neutral are connected to the correct prongs. Also verifies a valid Gnd. They run a few dollars.

Archived