Insteon Sucks

Goose66

I think I need to suck it up and do that (upgrade the PLM). I need to try the hardwire phase coupler without the Access Points, too. Once I have the dual-band PLM. I shouldn't need the Access Points. Alternatively, is there some way to factory reset the Access Points so that they are not bridging phases but just bridging RF with PLC?

As LeeG said, no configuration on the access points. I highly recommend NOT removing them in fact adding more may be the easiest way to mask some of your (probable) power line issues. I have one in almost every room here as well as some mounted outside to relay to the other structures.

oronomus;

The Phase Bridge Detection Beacon or four tap test.

Best to read the Quick Users Guide or Full Users Manual for exact directions and indications.

For most Dual Band devices is tapping the Set Button four times to start the test. Recent things like the DIN Rail Modules seem to use a different way to start it.

2413S PLM as an example will start beeping its beeper and its LED will be solid Green. Older modules the LED on the side may change color or get bright.

Then you look at your other Dual Band devices LED and observe it actions. Again older hardware modules may act different.

Dual color LEDs will flash Green if receiving and on the opposite phase. Red if receiving and on same phase. While a Version 1.? 2443 Access Point will light its White or Blue LED brightly if receiving and on the opposite phase.

You do not have to have communications between every module to every other module in your system. At least one or more properly communicating is needed.

Archived