Problem with lighting control when connected to the Elk

automateme

This one is a mystery. I have recently upgraded to the new Elk firmware 4.5.8. I am running 2.6.4 on my ISY-99i.

I can no longer DIM my lights. If I DIM a light from the Administrative Console, it immediately goes OFF. If I go out to the actual wall switch and dim the light, it immediately goes off. If I disconnect from the Elk, I can DIM and BRIGHTEN just fine from either the Administrative Console or the switch on the wall. All of my lights exhibit this behavior. I have confirmed that I do not have any Elk Rules hat might be forcing the light off.

EDIT:

I have discovered that this problem is caused by the UltraM1G Homeseer plug-in. I opened a thread for UltraJones over on the Homeseer board.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.ph ... post822059

Yes it does.

I have completely removed the PLC/SDM and Insteon plug-in from Homeseer, and now use the ISY as the hub for my lighting control. It was a nightmare before, because nothing would ever be in sync between Homeseer and the ISY. If I made a lighting scene change on the ISY, Homeseer didn't know about it, and if I had setup a Homeseer event to act based on lighting status (and had used the ISY to turn on/off the light), the event would be missed. Now, everything funnels through the ISY so whether I am using Homeseer, ISY Administrative Console, my WinMo Cell Phone, the Elk, or the switch on the wall to control the light - everything is in sync.

Of course, I still have to get through this weird dimming issue.

• 4 weeks later...

This is good to hear since I plan to connect an Elk into my ISY in early August. (It has been mounted for 6 months but I never get around wiring it up. I finally just carved out space in the calendar to get it done!)

How many Insteon devices are you controlling this way?

Also how hard was it to uninstall the Insteon Plugin? I need to get rid of mine but was never clear on how you completely remove plugins you don't want?

I am controlling 18 devices through this plug-in. Thats about half of all of my Insteon devices.

I didn't really remove the Insteon plug-in from Homeseer. I disabled it on the Interfaces page and I uninstalled the SDM (I was running a PLC). Like you mentioned, I also cannot figure out how to completely remove unwanted plug-ins from Homeseer.

I am controlling 18 devices through this plug-in. Thats about half of all of my Insteon devices.

I didn't really remove the Insteon plug-in from Homeseer. I disabled it on the Interfaces page and I uninstalled the SDM (I was running a PLC). Like you mentioned, I also cannot figure out how to completely remove unwanted plug-ins from Homeseer.

Good, its not just me then! I guess what I am really looking for is somebody who has an Elk M1 connected to an ISY with 175 or more Insteon devices.

Also, not ISY related but... how many Elk zones does the UltraJones plugin support? I'm planning to use 96 wired and 48 wireless.

Archived