Inconsistent program behavior

GMalezis

I have an ISY994i/IR Pro (4.0.5 fw) with about a dozen programs of two general categories; (1) on/off on time, and (2) timers (off on time elapsed). The first group - the on/off on time programs - all work fine. The second - the timers - are a little inconsistent and am interested in some insights, advice or help.

The issue is the timer program are not running consistently. Some times the programs run, others times they do not. I've noticed the ISY Programs/Summary page does not always recognize the correct status, and does not execute the program. For example this occurs in a number of locations, including a box with two switches, each of which control lights (incandescent and halogen pot lights respectively). Note the attached Summary screen capture, switches 1 and 2 ("office light", "office pots") were turned on at the same time by hitting the respective switch, yet only one is running the program.

The program in both cases is identical, and relatively simple. Example below, and Summary screen capture attached. Any insights? Is there any more detail on programming issues and troubleshooting guide(s)?

thanks in advance.

If

Status 'Office / Office chandelier' is not Off

Then

Wait 1 minute

Set 'Office / Office chandelier' Fade Down

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

post-6241-140474162205_thumb.png

post-6241-140474162206_thumb.png

That program is likely (in my mind) going to cause you problems. Your THEN path causes the program condition to retrigger, possibly interrupting the fade down. I am a little concerned how that fade command is reacting when the program retriggers. Unfortunately, i have never used the fade down command so am not certain that this is the case.

The other possibility is simply that your ISY is not seeing the change in status of your office lights. If so, this represents a communication problem, rathr than a programming problem.

For this I dont have anything to offer that hasnt been said many times here. Check for phase coupling. Make sure your PLM is not on a noisy circuit. Filter noisy devices. Etc....

A few points. Insteon allows one scene (button press message) to run, cancelling others so if the paddles were pressed at the same time results could be different. Second, a Fade Down without a Fade Stop is missing the final message. From a hardware perspective it is not possible to have a Fade Up/Down without a Fade Stop. Devices can produce odd results when a Fade Up/Down is issued without the Fade Stop.

Suggest running Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3. Reproduce the situation and post the event trace.

thank you for the feedback on the "Fade Down". I understand the issue with the Fade-down part of the program, but that was not giving me any state problems. The issue was that the state was not being recognized by ISY. That said, I will look into phase coupling...and report back.

thanks in advance.

Archived