Fanlinc and keypadlinc

huffmd1

I have installed a new fanlinc and 6 button keypadlinc to control it. I have gotten the fan speeds working correctly but I am having trouble with the on and off button for my lights. I cannot seem to get them to link correctly. I have made a scene with the on, off button as the controller and the fanlinc light as the responder but that does not seem to work. Any help?

When the KPL is Off, are both LEDs on the FanLinc for Fan and Light lit (green or red)? (assuming you didn't already disable them via Options)

If not, it's not wired correctly to provide constant power to the FanLinc. In this basic configuration, the load wire (red) on the KPL has no use. The line (hot) wire that connects to the black on the KPL should also be connected to the "load" wire leading to the junction box above the fan. That way both KPL and FanLinc always have power to operate. The On/Off of the KPL is for scene control only and does not directly switch power.

What happens if you connect the Fan lead to the light? Does it come on when turning on the scene for the light? Or test for 120V on the Light (blue) wire when you have the scene on.

Have you tested directly turning the FanLinc-Light on from ISY vs testing through the scene?

Does your light have a chain or switch for off/dim? Perhaps it's not on.

Archived