Poll: Support for Venstar 5900/6900 Thermostat API

shannong

Interest in Venstar 5800/6800 API Support  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Interest in Venstar 5800/6800 API Support

• I already have a Venstar 5xxx/6xxx and would like support.
    • I don't have a Venstar 5xxx/6xxx but would consider buying one if ISY supported it.
    • I already have one but don't have interest in ISY integration.

The new Venstar units look very nice and I may purchase one someday but...

I have two 2441ZTH thermostats that ISY doesn't support already. They are not even listed on the device list in ISY, despite nudges from users since v4.0.5, and as a result no support for the humidity outputs can be seen and many command options (+/-1) supplied for the 2441TH unit do not function despite being available in the resulting device's programming menus.

I have one 2441WTH that is AC powered and one that is battery powered. Neither option changes the fact that they are not in the ISY device list.

Humidity outputs and setpoints are not supported, displayed, or controllable (setpoints may not be ISY settable) and many of the controls that function manually from the ISY do not function for programs, powered or not.

They are in mine, 2441TH, 2441ZTH, 2491T.  Have been for many releases.

Just realized I do not know how to post a .jpg image of Admin Console (now 4.2.5) area showing thermostats.   Will post image as soon as I learn how. 

larryllic

I put the 2441ZTH under power and I am able to set  Mode, Setpoint from a Program.   What does the event trace show when a Program changes the Setpoint.  

Note that the Sertpoint value has to be different than what the ISY currently has.   

There are no humidity setpoints available in the ISY to set or observe in the Event monitor. These are only settable on the device.

I will run some event monitoring for the  increment and decrement temp setpoints and check.

I deleted the 2441ZTH and added it back (under 4.2.5) thinking something happened with 4.2.5.   No problem adding the 2441ZTH under 4.2.5.   Is this a MobiLinc display issue?   I do not use MobiLinc so my testing is limited to what the Admin Console is displaying. 

Archived