Fast on only detected when switch is already on??

Andreas

Dear Universal-Devices Forum.

I have a questions about the following programming. I am sure that the ISY is working correctly and it is I that need to be enlighten on the workings of the ISY.

When i program a switch to control another switch with the Fast on Command. It only does so when the the switch is already on.

(If the switch is off, and i do a fast on action) the other switch does not respond.

Code looks like this:

If

Control 'Garage' is switched Fast on

Then

Set 'Outside Pool Light' On

How do i make the Fast on activate the code, no matter if the switch is on or off?

Thanks in advance!

Dear Universal-Devices Forum.

I have a questions about the following programming. I am sure that the ISY is working correctly and it is I that need to be enlighten on the workings of the ISY.

When i program a switch to control another switch with the Fast on Command. It only does so when the the switch is already on.

(If the switch is off, and i do a fast on action) the other switch does not respond.

Code looks like this:

If

Control 'Garage' is switched Fast on

Then

Set 'Outside Pool Light' On

How do i make the Fast on activate the code, no matter if the switch is on or off?

Thanks in advance!

I do this with my X10 motion detectors that directly operate an Insteon LampLinc. The LampLinc is set to slow response (unfortunately on and off have to be the same) and then my ISY has "Then" code that sets the Lamplinc "Fast On" and it overrides the slow on time.

This way I can have immediate on times (with a slight visible starting ramp) and slow OFF times for a better high-tech look.

As an observation, should your garage door control even support "fast On"? Although I have it ("fast ON")listed for manual controls in ISY the ApplianceLinc modules I have will not respond to "Fast ON" or "Fast OFF" at all. They don't support dimming and therefore cannot do ramped switching.

Andreas

Fast On is not dependent on the device already being On. Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3. Watch the messages sent to the PLM when the paddle is double tapped. I suspect you are getting two On commands rather than one Fast On. The speed of a double tap can take some practice. Watch the event viewer output until the correct speed of the double tap is obtained.

You can also check that the 'Garage' switch is On when an On is received and execute the Then

If (

Control 'Garage' is switched On

And Status ' Garage' is On

)

Or

Control 'Garage' is switched Fast On

Then

turn on device

LeeG

I checked the event viewer on lvl. 3 and it seems that I am double tapping it correctly.

Thats why i dont understand what i am doing wrong.

I following exactly this code and its just not turning on switch b, unless the switch i do fast on with is already "on"

Im having trouble with most programming and im starting to think it might be the system.. :(

post-6357-140474162256_thumb.png

It seems I have a problem with the ISY not responding to some of the commands..

Here are some screen shots, when i Turn the device Fast On, it does not execute the IF command. It is Saved.

The strange thing is that this is the same with timers. e.g if 6.00 am turn off light x.

It also does not send notifications very well, but if i do a timer that says, if status garage light is on, turn off after 10 minutes then it does do that! what the heck is going on here??

post-6357-140474162258_thumb.png

post-6357-140474162263_thumb.png

No sir,

No conditions in the programs folder.

I was wondering if it could have something to do with my plm? when i go to diagnostics to check its links. It is not linked to anything, and when i try to reset it, it gives me the following error in this pic.

I just bought the plm is it possible that it is not working??

when i look for plm links table it has a funny unknown 0200 thing on the buttom

I apreciate all these swift replys LeeG

post-6357-140474162264_thumb.png

post-6357-140474162267_thumb.png

post-6357-140474162269_thumb.png

The fact that the event viewer is displaying messages from 24.02.43 indicates the PLM has a link record for that device. Otherwise the PLM would not pass the message on to the ISY.

What does Help | About show on the Firmware line and the UI Line?

Archived