Switchlinc LED brightness

EricK

I just installed two switchlinc side by side, 2477S v.43 and a 2476S v.3a. The brightness of the LEDs appeared the same, but too bright. Both showed initial brightness of "0". I set the brightness to the same number for both, but the newer device is much brighter. Even when I set the 2476 to 255 brightness it is not close to as bright as it was before adjusting it at all, and a little too dim. Any way to get the older device brighter.

Thanks, Eric

I just installed two switchlinc side by side, 2477S v.43 and a 2476S v.3a. The brightness of the LEDs appeared the same, but too bright. Both showed initial brightness of "0". I set the brightness to the same number for both, but the newer device is much brighter. Even when I set the 2476 to 255 brightness it is not close to as bright as it was before adjusting it at all, and a little too dim. Any way to get the older device brighter.

Thanks, Eric

I don't own one of these devices but...

You stated they were at "too bright" at an initial brightness of "0"?

Later you stated "to 255 brightness it is not close to as bright"

Aren't they at opposite ends of the scale?

Thanks, Eric

Unless I'm mistaken those are not dimmable switches. For that, I think you need the 2477D, not 2477S. Are you sure about the model numbers?

Larry, do you even have the isy yet. Yes those are not dimmable devices, but the brightness of the LEDs is adjustable. I am not referring to the load. When they are added to the isy the brightness of the less is full on despite showing zero brightness. When is set the brightness level the same for both switches they are not the same brightness.

E

EricK,

The LED brightness deficiency you are seeing could be caused by a couple of things, a difference in the firmware between the two different models of switches or actual property differences between the two LED’s themselves. My money is on the latter. Back when I was installing all the switches in my house I had the same trouble with some of the switches installed in 2 and 3 gang boxes, some of the LED’s were brighter when dimmed to a lower level. I even had some where there was an actual color difference (very slight but when mounted together it was very obvious). I learned early on to hook up the switches on my bench and test them together when they were to be installed together. I even go so far as to do all the programming before they are even installed now. I know it doesn’t help you in this case but maybe in the future.

As far as the brightness being dimmer when set to 255 by the ISY I believe there were a few posts regarding this within the last month or so and if memory serves I think there will be a fix in the next rev., but LeeG or Michel can better answer that question. For now you may be able to manually dim or brighten the LED at the switches themselves to get them to a more equal level. You will have to check the owners manual for the switches.

Tim

Archived