Power Values - Additional Options

Teken

Hello All,

I would like to request that the next ISY firmware release include additional 1 watt increments. They should be added to the 500 - 1000 watt range. I was not expecting my off grid mini solar PV to be generating power in this range.

But, it is! :mrgreen:

Thank You

Teken . . .

I was not expecting my off grid mini solar PV to be generating power in this range.

But, it is! :mrgreen:

Teken . . .

Must be nice!

My 3000 watts are generating....

................. 30 inches of snow!

Yeah the back yard has five foot snow drifts as well. :| Looking forward to installing my grid tied 6K Enphase Micro Inverter next year. Right now I have a small off grid hybrid PV system. Only six of the twelve panels have been installed, just no time to do it. :(

Jealous of both of you... My perfectly aligned south- facing roof and backyard are shaded by the county park's trees (which is my neighbor) just enough to mess up any array I might want to mount.

But +1 on Teken's request, as it seems reasonable and workable.

At least you have a south facing home! Right now my back yard looks very much like a gong show.

Hopefully next year I can get the next phase of this project under way. It's always time or money or both that sets these projects back.

Teken . . .

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

Just to further this OT nonsense, after six years of building my house I spent a good part of last summer rebuilding and painting my wind turbine since the guys were in the way of the foundation dig. About 2KW, with 10'5" wingspan. I thought I was smart and attached it to my workshop building where the blades barely cleared the top of the roof vents. **sigh**

I decided not to hook it into my system, this time, but just to run dummy loads in my workshop to alleviate electric heating costs. Simple right? Finally got it erected and no wind in the fall to see what it was going to do. Two weeks later we get a very strong wind storm. I estimate based on my previous wrecked anemometer the winds were about 120-130km per hour. I was cared and didn't sleep that night. It ripped all three blades off the thing at the hub! One ripped out four steel 1/2" bolts through a 10Ga. plate, through the blade base and broke them off at the hub with 3/4" cast steel. The other two broke at the blade base joint to the blade part. Fibreglass.

I spent the next three days patching a puncture hole in the plywood sheeting of my steel shingled roof (missed the PV panels just beside it) and looking for the third blade. I have never found it to this day. I looked on neighbours back decks when they were at work as I found major parts of one down in my ditch about 150' away. The track to that one had tell-tale divets in the lawn about 20cm. (6-8" for the USers) deep and 35cm. (15") long where it must have skipped like a two-spoked wagon wheel. :cry:

I think I am done with wind turbines at this location, for now. :) Am I having fun now?

I think I have you beat. I decided to install the first row of solar panels two summers ago on the fence line.

New home owners behind me decides to install eight 12 feet high trees.

One minute I have pure sun for 4-6 hours a day, next zero!

Hence why my backyard looks like a solar panel grid floor.

Sigh

Teken . . .

I think I have you beat. I decided to install the first row of solar panels two summers ago on the fence line.

New home owners behind me decides to install eight 12 feet high trees.

One minute I have pure sun for 4-6 hours a day, next zero!

Hence why my backyard looks like a solar panel grid floor.

Sigh

Teken . . .

Large mirrors and another ISY with analogue inputs!!

New! SmartTracker!

Moves your mirrors from your armchair while you watch TV!

Order now while operators are standing by.

...and if you order now....

Larryllix - Wow! Now that's some power! Amazing what wind or water can do, and sort of reminds us how comparatively small we are on this planet.

Teken - Yes, the house is perfectly oriented and completely unusable for PV. I think I could pull of SHW but the cost is prohibitive given heat pump water heaters now available and the need to redo plumbing, beef up framing, etc.

Umm... What was our topic, anyway? :-)

Archived